New Beginnings, Yeah Right!

Start from the beginning

I snorted at the thought as the halls cleared and I was finally able to move down the now deserted hall and entered my class. Let school begin.

And that's how my day went, History, English 4, Japanese, Geometry, lunch, Orchestra and Physics. Of course since I was new, not many people talked to me; one of the reasons why starting in the middle of the semester was such a bad idea but whatever.

When lunch came around I took an empty booth in the far back. The food was decent enough; all I did was watch the student talk over each other and act wild, some were practically jumping from table to table making trouble for others. One thing I did notice was it was a far cry from my other school, where everyone had a place and you'd better stick to your own kind. Here, no one was segregated, no stereotypical clichés where the jocks stuck with the jock and the cheerleaders only hung with the cheerleaders. Nope, I saw the jocks who were easily spotted by their letterman jackets, were hanging with a group of game freaks staring at their PSP or whatever theirs using and loudly commented on their moves.

Cheerleaders dressed in their silver and blue uniforms were eating with a group of normal clad student's and a few book nerds from the array of schools books spread out before them. It was like a breath of fresh air, watching everyone get along like this. At my old school I had been an outcast because I didn't have anything I was good at like sports or academic wise or willing to share with others so I was pushed aside in the loner pool. Yeah, I had that one so/so friend I talked to from time to time but it was still lonely. So I noticed a long time ago, from experiencing this constant loneliness, I had grown into a drifter, never staying in one place for too long. I would talk to a lot of people but never fully knew who they were and they didn't know me.

But I was use to this isolation in my life and was growing to like it. Solitude was peaceful and I realized that that was exactly what I needed, so everything worked out nicely from me in the end.

The bell screeched signaling the end of lunch, slowly I got up, threw my trash away and went to my orchestra class, a guilty pleasure of mine.

And hour later it was time for the last class physics but I was having the hardest time trying to find the damn place. I looked at my phone just to check the time as I tried to find E-3. I turned corner after corner following the lettered classes alphabetically but once the D's were over it just skipped to F! I think I just got myself lost? What the hell, I didn't have this problem all day so why was this class so hard to find when it should be right freaking here! I was just about to throw in the towel until I spotted a girl with long black hair and black ray ban style eye glasses streaking down the hall in a rush. I raised my hand up to stop her with a gentle smile. Slowly she came to a stop before me with a small frown,

"Hi" I greeted her.

"Hi" it came out in a slight question.

"Sorry but can you tell me where E-3 is? I've been looking all over but can't seem to find it." I asked lifting my schedule up to her for her to see. I don't know why, I mean she probably knows this school like the back of her hand. Her slight pause gave me the opportunity to look at her properly, and I have to say she was a very pretty girl. She had a small angular face and almond shaped eyes; her skin was pale and soft looking as I stared at her. I was guessing but from her features I think she was of Chinese descent. Her long black hair was so glossy it shimmered under the florescent lights. The outfit she wore was a black silky blouse and a cute dark gray with a light red plaid skirt about knee length pulled up all the way to just under her breasts. And let's not forget her buckled black flats I kind of came to a conclusion that she liked black or dark color... a lot.

"Yeah, it's actually the other way all the way in the back of the school." she answered pointing her finger behind me. I glanced in the direction with a confused frown. "You're going to see the blue bathroom doors once you turn left on this corner, then left again and your class will be at the very back. The E classes are kind of weird that way."