Him.

1:

Black girl.

"Who cares if she just happens to be black?"

I would start out by saying it was just an ordinary day at school, but I'd be lying to you if I said that. It was more like a day that made all the other days much better. If I could do them all over again, I most definitely would. Maybe once or twice?

Not that is matters or anything, but It was just in the middle of the school year and I knew as soon as I saw her my world be completely turned upside down instantly. Anyway, I can just remember that day like it was just yesterday.

I was outside the school sitting on the edge of the curb with one of my best mates, Michael. As always, he was annoying the hell out of me. Of all days it just had to be a day that I was focused in my song notebook and just coming up with a few lyrics I had wrote down.

"Can I get your opinion on something?" He asked.

Of course, I was trying my best to ignore the fact that I heard him. I was just hoping he would kind of get the hint to leave me alone when knowing I'm writing down things before I'd lose my track of thought. It's been so difficult for me lately to come up with decent song lyrics because my mind has been somewhere else.

We've been working on this for about two weeks now and it just pisses me off that I haven't really found or thought of anything to write about. I guess I just need some sort or motivation or an inspiration to help me come up with ideas.

"Earth to Calum?" He snapped his dry fingers in my face. Laughing at my reaction as I slammer my book closed.

"Fuck. Mikey what do you want now?" I groaned.

He gave me a look with a stupid grin on his face. It made me grow even more impatient with the idea of waiting on Luke and Ashton to get here on time for once, but that most likely was not bound to happen.

I gave him a confused look before shaking my head in annoyance and looking in the opposite direction. I don't know what it is, but it's like Michael is way more annoying today then he normally is. Not even sure if that even entirely possible.

"I was trying to ask your opinion on Emily." He smirked placing his hands on his knees.

"What about her?" I replied with a hint of disgust in my voice.

For those of you who don't know and you will very shortly. Emily Collins is basically the schools.. everything, you name it. Which is kind of the best reputation anyone can have because I heard she can and will get anything she wants.

Of course, knowing the expert of all dumbasses theres Michael Clifford ladies and gentlemen. He just had to be one out of many guys that got with her. It's kind of disgusting when you think about it though, almost everyone at our school she's slept with except me of course and along with Luke and Ashton.

"Where is Luke and Ashton?" I yawned mid-sentence as I scratched my arms.

"Probably running late as usual. You ask the same stupid question everyday." He rolled his eyes. "Can we talk about Emily now?"

"I really don't care, she's disgusting."

"You're just mad because I hooked up with a girl at the party and you didn't." He chuckled.

Not gonna lie. He isn't wrong about that. On Saturday Ashton thought it would be cool if we went to some party one of his older friends were having. I wasn't really interested in going because I didn't want to be bothered with annoying drunks all night, but I went since I had nothing else better to do.

Out of no where Emily was at that party. So, her and Michael ended up hooking up, I guess. Sadly, I just had to be the one to walk in on them both while they were in someone else's bedroom. I will never be able to get that image out of my head till the day I die.

"Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"When was the last time you've actually dated a girl?" He chuckled and rubbed his face.

"Or even got laid?"

I don't know why, but I felt this weird feeling in my stomach that made me want to run away from him just to end this conversation. Let's be honest here, I haven't really dated a girl since sophomore year. Her name was Miranda and we dated for about two months until she moved and I never heard from her again.

Pretty sad story I know. I'm more of a just keep to myself kind of guy now. I don't really date as much as the guys do. But with them I really wouldn't call it dating, more like flings I suppose since it's never serious with them. I think I just want something serious now, knowing we have one more year left of high school.

"Dude you're doing that zoning out thing again, it's kind of weir-"

A loud noise passing in front of us caused him to stop talking. We both turned our heads to see an unknown motorcycle swerving into a parking space stealing it from someone who was about to park right there. I noticed the driver of the car was Ashton as he kept peeping his horn several times and yelling loudly. I could hear loud chuckles of laughter coming from Michael as we watched what was going on.

I just shook my head and continued to stare at the mysterious dude on the bike. Who was he? I looked around and also noticed a bunch of other people looking to see whoever this was. Not to mention their badass bike which was really nice I must say.

I felt something wet fall onto my cheek causing me to look up and wipe whatever landed on it. In just that quick second of looking up at the sky, more of it started coming down. I stood up quickly placing my notebook into my backpack so it wouldn't get wet from the amount of rain that was coming down quick. When I stood up and looked up the expression on my face changed. I was shocked to see that the person who I was assuming that was guy on the bike removered their helmet. That guy was actually a girl. A black girl.