Chapter 54- Eleanor

ابدأ من البداية

James took no effort in their place of meeting, it disgusted him to think of it as a date and stuck stubbornly to it only being like a meeting he would usually attend as CEO. Upon her arrival, James made no approach to her and only followed the waiter further into the dining area with her hot on his trail like a little lost puppy. James tried his best not to sigh and attempted a smile that he was sure any fool could see it was fake. Not Eleanor though, she melted on the spot, her cheeks inflaming as she took of her coat. James could give her a 5/10 for her attempt at trying to appeal to him, of course his nature as a guy, his eyes went straight to her cleavage that she best tried to show off. It did nothing. Nothing.

James coughed to clear his throat as he made first interaction. "So, aren't you pissed at all about this arrangement?" Yes he had dared to say it, something his Mother would instantly disapprove of. Eleanor's face only went red further as she replied. "Not really. Is there a problem? I-I-I" She stuttered,her eyes looking elsewhere rather not on him.

James took a sip of wine then shook his head as he placed it down. "Of course not." He lied. Nothing was said after that and James refused to speak again so instead pretended he was much interested in the menu.

"You are very much attractive than I expected." She admitted breaking the silence as she played with her hair twirling it around her finger. James' brows lifted at her comment. "Oh, but I don't think I am going to remain this pretty any longer."

"Don't be silly!" She giggled. James discreetly rolled his eyes at her lack of understanding that he tried to imply. Didn't she get that he was implying his charming looks would diminish away just like this marriage? Pretty much the whole night had been pointless, his snarky comments had ran past her with her lack of interpretation and the only thing he had learnt about her was she was voted sexiest woman last year. Like that was going to help. His overall judgement of her was she was plain and had nothing that appealed or even he felt slightest attraction to. What else was worse about her? She had this problem of being very clingy, despite this being their first interaction she had latched onto his arm instantly without his permission as they walked out the restaurant. James was only glad to shake her off as Samuels dropped her off at the hotel she was staying at for the time being. Even Samuels snickered at her character, eavesdropping onto the conversation on how she presented herself. James let out a sigh of relief instructing Samuels to drive off immediately so he could bleach his ear drums from having to listen to her irritating voice.

James was grateful to be home as he flopped onto his couch then to kick his shoes off. James lay staring at the ceiling something that had become a usual routine for him to do. It was not out of boredom but his time to reflect how stupid he was to ruin things. James pulled out his phone daring to open his photos where instantly words needn't to leave his mouth just being able to see her face. James clicked on one instantly regretting deeply knowing he would never have chance to see that smile again.

Then there was the third week into the month when it appeared like anyone just wanted to cripple James to the point he couldn't cope anymore. That morning it was when James would be meeting with Jackal to go over their plan of action however James had no effort of getting their on time. He had been standing under the shower allowing the water trickle down every inch of his back. There were times in weakness he dared to pick up his phone and ring her number but then only be defeated knowing there would be no point. Maybe she would be happy without him. It was for the best, maybe he'd rather have her know him as a monster than the coward he really was. James didn't want Harper to get hurt no more. By the time James had got to work, Jackal was already high in discussion on his phone to even bother to give recognition to James' presence as he entered flopping down on the chair opposite him.