2.3

PART TWO CHAPTER THREE

"COFFEE?"

"No, thank you."

"So, this is your first catch up interview after the--issue--yes?"

"Yes."

"Okay. So we'll start with a few identification questions. Whats your full name?"

"Valentina Marie Hayes."

"Date of birth?"

"December Seventeenth, Nineteen Eighty Three."

"Next of kin?"

"Joe and Marina Hayes, my parents."

Victoria answered the basic identity questions monotonously, just like she had rehearsed.

"Okay, so how long have you been working here?"

"Two years, after the Battle of New York." She wasn't unaware of the earth's war against another realm with the god of mischief, Loki. She had a front row seat for all the action, with all the Hydra bugs planted in Shield, she had got to watch it from the safe base on a large cinema screen with Bucky and the other agents.

"What do you work here as?"

"A janitor."

"Which department?"

"Wherever my superior sends me."

"Who's your superior?"

Victoria stumped, then--vaguely--she remembered the shift board in the locker room. Unknown to her, her short hesitation was already marked down by Agent Hill as a form of suspicious behaviour - any other cleaner was able to answer that question straight away, as Martine--their superior--constantly breathed down all the worker's necks.

"Martine."

After a few more questions, they were finally done. "Okay. Thank you, Valentina, that'll be all. But just so you know, if there are any suspicions about you by myself or any other workers, you will be removed and questioned by the director."

"I understand." With a breath of relief, Victoria pushed her leather and metal chair back, away from the stainless steel desk, and left the room hastily.

VIOLET threw numerous punches at the large worn punchbag that hung from the ceiling. With a final kick, she used more force than she normally would and sent the sand filled canvas bag across the room. Wanda dropped a wooden block that had previously bobbed in midair and turned to look at her distressed superior.

"Violet, are you okay?" A delicate Sokovian voice came from the rough, bruised young woman.

Violet wasn't okay. She was pissed. After her interview earlier (which surprisingly went well) she had used her cosmic powers to manipulate Stark's robots into cleaning one of the building's many conference rooms for her. All went swimmingly until Isobel, some girl who was also cleaning on her floor, decided to enter the room to borrow some supplies off the mutant. It was a shame she had to die. Violet had planned to somewhat befriend her, but she saw the ultraviolet waves flowing throughout the room, therefore Violet had no other option than to kill her. To make it less suspicious, she strangled the girl and made it look like she hung herself in the bathroom. So yeah, Violet was pissed.

"I'm fine." The older woman replied with a huff as she walked over and sat down on the floor next to the Maximoff.

"So will you teach me some more stuff?" She asked, "I think my body is too weak for any more physical exercise." Wanda asked.

Violet cracked a small smile and the veins around her cheeks illuminated a neon violet for a split second. She crawled into the centre of the room and pushed back all of her weapons that she had planned to use later. Her knees sunk slightly into the blue crash mats, but she ignored it as she positioned herself into a sitting position and concentrated on the cosmic energies.

Wanda watched with wide eyes as Violets veins began to pulsate a bright neon violet, a contrast to their usual grape colour. It eventually grew so bright she could actually see the colour through the dark catsuit she was wearing. Violet's breaths grew heavy as she shut her eyes and channeled the atmosphere around the earth to flow through her, her chest rose and fell rapidly as it took her toll on her. Violets eyes flashed open as she spread her hands out in front of her in a sweeping motion that left a galaxy in its wake. Curious, Wanda approached the assassin, who grinned in amaze and in awe of her accomplishment. Before them, the size of a dining table, was the galaxy.

"Thats Asgard, where Thor is from. The nine realms and even beyond" Violet pointed out to her --somewhat --student.

"That's amazing. Will I be able to do that?"

"Maybe - our powers are practically the same due to Loki's sceptre. But the U-V waves Zola experimented on me with when I was a baby caused my mutation- U-V is part of the atmosphere, the galaxy, and that's why I have cosmokinesis. Yours is just chaos magic and reality warping--so far. There is so much we don't know about ourselves, we wont find out about something until it happens. We just have to learn as we go along. It's hard and tedious, but we have to deal with it. If you truly want help, I'm sure Strucker might let you go to some place that trains people with powers. They are out of Hydra and Shield's grasp, you'll be free. If you want."

"No. You and Pietro are my family. I cannot leave you, you didn't leave us. And you could have. You could have left with the Winter Soldier, but you stayed for us. We're family and we have to stick together."

"You're right. Family does stick together."