Chapter 2-New Secrets Unfold

Chapter 2
"New Secrets Unfold"

After about twenty minutes, Jessica finally left the house they had put her in. She wanted to explore a little bit before meeting this Diana women that ran the place.

Jessica was happy to see her horse Starlight, who, upon seeing Jessica. Perked her head up from the children around her and pranced over to her. Jessica smiled and waited for the Piebald Clidesdale mare, who pranced over and stood in front of Jessica. 

Since Jessica was shorter than the mare, she moved her head down in front of Jessica, who smiled and pet her head gently.

"You're a sight for sour eyes Starlight. I thought something might have happened to you." Starlight whinnied at that making Jessica smile.

Jessica hugged her horse's head gently and smiled. "Come on girl. Let's go try and find that Diana lady's place."

Jessica began walking down the streets with starlight walking behind her, without Jessica even needing to hold her lead. Carl noticed Jessica walking around the streets with her horse and smiled softly. He could tell she was lost so, he walked over to her, and gave a sheepish smile.

"Hey, you're new here aren't you?" Jessica looked over at Carl with her hazel eyes and nodded. "Was it that obvious?"
"Yeah." Jessica blushed slightly. "Oh, oops. I'm Jessica." She held her hand out and Carl shook it.

"I'm Carl. I'm guessing you're looking for Diana?" Jessica nods. "Yeah, I don't really know where she lives, can you help me?" Carl smiled softly and nods as he points to a house on the other end of the street. "That's her house."

Jessica looked at the house and nods. "Alright, thanks Carl." Carl nods and waves slightly as Jessica begins walking away and towards the house. Carl watched her go and smiles slightly as he walks back onto his porch and sits down beside his sister Judith who was asleep on her favorite blankie.

Jessica speed walked towards Diana's house, with Starlight prancing behind her. Jessica walked up the two steps after telling Starlight to stay put, she slowly knocked on the door.

Diana opened the door and smiled softly. "Hello there, you must be our newest member, I'm Diana, welcome to Alexandria."

Jessica smiled sheepishly and nods playing with her hands behind her back. "Thanks, I'm Jessica Dixon... um a few people said you would want to talk to me..?"

Diana nodded and stepped to the side of the door. "Yes please come in." Jessica nods. "Thank you." Jessica walks inside and looks around the house in amazement at seeing the lights actually being on.

She hadn't seen electricity, since everything happened.

Diana closed the door and followed Jessica who had found the living room. "Please sit down." Diana gestured to a chair across from the couch and Jessica nods.

"Alright thank you." Jessica walked to the chair and sat down looking around. Diana smiled as she turned on a camera behind her, "do you mind if I record this? I just want to ask you a few questions." Jessica nods. "Yes that's fine."

Diana turned the camera on and sat down on the couch, Jessica took her gaze away from the books behind her and towards Diana.

"Okay Jessica, first question, our people found you all alone, with your horse, in a backyard. My question is, are you alone? And if so, how long have you been like that?"

Jessica sighs out as she scratches the back of her head and nods. "Yes I'm alone, I've been like that for about, three months after everything happened." She looked down slightly and Diana nods.

"Why is that? If you don't mind me asking." Jessica nods. "I don't mind, umm well, I was originally with my mother, my brother who is a year older than me, and my stepdad, but, there was an ambush.." Jessica closes her eyes to regain her composure, after a few moments of silence, Jessica opened her eyes, looked at Diana, and finish what she was saying.

"We thought we were safe, until, in the middle of the night, we were all asleep except for my stepdad, he was on guard. Then, they came.."

Diana tilted her head to the left slightly. "Who came?" Jessica looked at Diana with cold eyes. "The walkers, they surrounded us from all sides, my stepdad yelled for us to get up. He held them off until me, my mom, and my brother woke up and helped him, but there was to many, we managed to get rid of most of them, but then my mother got bitten on her leg. My brother took off with my stepdad, thinking we were following. I dragged my mother to a house after clearing it quickly and laid her on a bed.."

Jessica closed her eyes again, trying not to cry, Diana was listening with clear content on her curious features. "She was fine for a little bit, I told her we could, cut it off and then stop the bleeding. But she told me something I'll never forget, she said, 'don't worry about me Jessica, it'll be okay, I need you to do something for me.. When I turn... I need you to out me down.' I told her I would never do that, that she would be okay, but she just shook her head and said, 'not this time Jess, I love you..' Then she was gone."

That's when a few tears fell that Jessica couldn't hold back, then she opened her eyes and looked at Jessica. "Then I took my knife and put her down. It was the single most difficult thing I've ever had to do. The net morning I burried her, I still haven't found my brother and my stepfather if they're even still alive. But, I've been alive the whole time. I never worked good with people."

Jessica sighed out, she was happy to finally let it out, to tell someone her story. Then she looked at a sorrow filled Diana.

"I'm so sorry, that couldn't have been very easy for you." Jessica shrugged. "After a while I got used to it. I found my horse Starlight in a stable locked up, she was my moms horse before everything happened."

Diana nodded and turned off her camera slowly. "Well, that's all the questions I have. Now, since you're only about 14, I'm going to have to have you stay with someone. Just to make sure you're not alone anymore." Jessica smiled slightly and nods. "Alright, well I don't even know how long I'll be here for," Diana nods.

"That's okay, just stay as long as you want." Diana stood up slowly and so did Jessica. "I'll go and find Jessie, she would be the best person for you to stay with, she also has two kids, one of which is your age."

Jessica nods and smiles softly. "Alright." Jessica waited in the house until Diana returned with a blonde girl named Jessie.

Jessica and Jessie talked for a bit, then Jessie agreed to take Jessica in for a while.

They both walked out of Diana's house, Jessie showed Jessica to the Weaponry where she had to put her machete and her pistol but Jessie and Olivia told her, she would be allowed to keep her Crossbows with her.

Jessie then showed Jessica to her new home. Jessica met Ron, and Sam, Jessie's son.

Jessie finally showed Jessica to her room where she would be sleeping. Jessica thanked Jessie for everything.

"Oh it's no problem, you can get down rest and I'll tell you when Dinner is." Jessica nods and slowly sits on her bed after Jessie closed her door.

Jessica fell back on the bed after feeling how soft it is, and the moment her head hit the pillow, Jessica fell right asleep. She hadn't slept on a real bed in what felt like years.

Photo of Starlight on the top.

Up Next...
Chapter 3
"Daughter of Dixon"