Chapter 1-Unexpected

Chapter 1
"Unexpected"

It was normal day in Alexandria. Glen, Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Carol were getting ready to go on a run since they volenteered.

They all needed some time outside the walls. None of them thought they would actually want to be in walker infested lands. But they were so used to it they just needed it. 

Carl walked over to his father, who was packing things into their car. "Dad, why can't I go? You know I can handle myself out there." Carl wanted to go as well but Rick didn't like the idea.

"No Carl, I need you to stay here with your sister. Stay safe and we'll be back in a few hours. Understood?"

Carl sighed and nodded as he looked at his father. "Alright dad. I'll stay here but next time I get to go."

Rick chuckled and gave a small smile "Maybe." 

Daryl and Carol came over putting the last of the items they needed in the car. "Well come on now we ain't got all day." Daryl said as he jumped on his bike and started it up.

Glen kissed Maggie goodbye and she told him to be safe. He nodded and jumped in the back seat of the car. Michonne said goodbye and jumped in the front seat, with Carol sitting in the back with glen, and Rick driving.

They opened the gates and Daryl drove out first on his motorbike. Rick waved one last time, then drive off as well following Daryl.

Once they were out there was one walker walking towards the gates but, Sasha shot it before it got close and they closed the gates.

Carl sighed and put his hands in his pockets as he began to walk away and back to his house.
*******

The group ride for about half an hour to the town that they were told to go to.

The ride was silent. Everyone lost on their own thoughts.

Once they reached the outskirts of the town. Daryl slowly came to a stop and parked his motorcycle on the side of the road. He got off and took his crossbow off his bike and strapped it around himself.

Rick parked the car as well a little bit away from Daryl's bike so if they needed to get away they could easily.

Glen, Carol, Michonne and Rick got out of the car and looked around, shutting their doors.

"Alright," Rick was the first to speak. "We'll split up and try to find supplies."

"But what if something goes wrong?" Carol asked holding her pistol in her right hand.

"That's when we use the Wakie talkies and contact eachother if we sense something is wrong." Carol and everyone nodded.

Daryl walked off along with everyone else to search the town.

Carol, found a convenience store and knocked on the outside of the store. No walkers showed up, so she opened the door quickly and held her gun ready as she looked around.

She walked down one of the isles and banged on the metal with her gun. Carol stopped and listened to check to make sure if there were any walkers or not.