Chapter 13 - History Repeating

Start from the beginning

"You hit me with the phone, dick!" Stu yelled back as Kali closed her eyes for a moment. She went to head for the door again, but froze as she saw Billy storm past the hallway, through the archway from the kitchen and across into the living room. He was yelling in frustration and anger and Kali could hear him tipping things over in rage.

"Did you really call the police?" She heard Stu's voice through Billy's yells. "My mum and dad are gonna be so mad at me." He then added.

"Bitch!" Billy yelled again.

Kali, finally deciding it was now or never, screaming inside her mind at herself about "getting her shit together," made a break for the door. It was only really two metres from her, but she had felt that every time she moved Billy would hear her.

She turned her back and slowly and quietly walked to the door, her hand just touching the handle when she heard Billy's voice again.

"Oh, Kali." He called in a mocking singsong voice. She slowly looked over her shoulder to see him standing between the two archways, knife in one hand and gun in the other, smirking at her. The weapons rested effortlessly by his side as his head tilted slightly. He rushed forward as Kali ripped the door open and tried to run, but Billy grabbed the back of her neck and ripped her back inside. "Easy, easy." Billy hushed. "Not so fast."

For some reason Billy wasn't killing her right away and she believed it had something to do with luring Sidney out. Billy pulled her into the kitchen and shoved her in Stu's direction.

Her back hit his chest and instead of finding comfort in it like before, Kali jumped away, running around to the other side of the island table and quickly grabbing a carving knife from the knife block as she stared back at Stu and Billy.

"You deal with her." Billy said to Stu before leaving to look more for Sidney now that they were suddenly pressed for time after Sidney had apparently called the police.

"Give me the knife, Kal." Stu said, holding out his hand, across the table. Another tear fell down her cheek as she shook her head, backing up some more into the sink. "Kali, baby, give the knife." Stu persisted.

"You bastard." She whispered her voice dripping with venom.

"I told you to leave with Troy, but you didn't. That blow to the head was then meant to keep you down until we were finished."

"Why?" She breathed.

"Someone else had to survive, baby. Someone close to the other victims who wouldn't believe that Billy and I had done it." Stu said in a chipper tone with a slight goofy smile. "Someone like Sidney's best friend, someone who lost both her siblings?" Stu offered.

"Both..." Kali was barely audible, but Stu understood and smiled again before making a move and running around the table. Kali took off in the opposite direction, heading straight for the door, tripping over Randy's body as she did, more tears upon seeing it, but she didn't stop.

She pulled the front door upon only to come to a screeching halt at the sight of Gale and Dewey lying on the front doorstep.

The sight of her brother, catching her off guard despite what Stu had confirmed just before. In that moment she appeared to forget about Stu, only remembering when he came up behind her, wrapping one arm across her chest to keep her steady as he used the other hand to quickly snatch the knife from her hand and drive the blade through her stomach. Stu dragged Kali's body back inside, gently laying her on her back in the kitchen as she began to bleed out, struggling to breathe.

***

"Surpise, Sidney." Mickey taunted through the voice changer as Kali shook he head, stumbling back a step.