Chapter 13 - History Repeating

Kali woke with a blinding headache that throbbed across the left side of her head. A warm liquid dripping down the side of her face as she struggled to stand and when she lifted her hand to touch the source of the pain she could faintly see the crimson colour on her finger tips in the moonlight.

She had woken up exactly where she had been knocked out, by the side of the house, a little way back from the corner.

It took her at least a minute to remember exactly what had happened and this time she did find herself throwing up. She wasn't aware if it was because of her sister, the thought that she almost died, the alcohol or the concussion she would definitely have, probably all four.

Kali wanted to head back to the front of the house, but for some reason deemed that a bad idea and found herself wondering back to where she knew she'd find her twin's body. Upon seeing Tatum for the second time, reality was finally beginning to sink in and she found herself unable to look as she stumbled through the open garage door.

There were pieces of broken beer bottles scattered along the floor and deciding they were a good of a weapon as any she practically fell down beside them to grab the sharpest piece she could find.

It took more effort to stand again, her head injury proving to be a bigger bitch than originally thought. Part of her mind screamed at her to stay and hide in the boat until it was over, but there was another part of her that was saying "What would Dewey do?" of all things. She couldn't leave her friends to this monster, her brother, her boyfriend... if they were even still alive. Quietly she opened the back door into the house and snuck inside, tucking the glass into the back of her skirt to keep it hidden.

"This is Gale Weathers signing off." Kali heard Billy's voice and almost threw up yet again, but stopped when she heard Stu.

"Baby, you are gonna love this." It didn't necessarily confirm anything, but Kali still felt her body tense in horror, continuing to listen in. "Shit."

"What?" Billy asked, Kali straining to hear. "Where are they?" Billy demanded. Kali peaked around the corner and sure enough there was Billy and Stu. They were both covered in blood and Stu backed up into the fridge, coughing some up into his hand. Kali resisted the urge to run to him when she saw the gun in Billy's hand.

"I don't know, Billy, but I'm hurting, man." Stu replied just as the phone began to ring. "Shall I let the machine get it?" Stu asked, but Billy made his way to the ringing phone and picked it up.

"You bitch." Billy said after a moment of silence on their end. "You bitch! Where the fuck are you?!" There was silence again as Stu leant against a counter and Billy turned to him. "Find her! You dipshit, get up!" He screamed.

"I can't Billy, you cut me too deep, I think I'm dying here, man." Kali's breathing deepened as she pushed her back up against a wall, resisting the urge to cry, but her foot bumped a near by stand with flowers resting on it causing the vase to wobble a little and Kali to stop breathing, hoping Billy and Stu didn't hear.

"Talk to her." She heard Billy say to Stu and then footsteps, which were thankfully not heading in her direction.

"Hello?" Stu asked. Kali's eyes flicked to the garage exit and was planning on making a break for it, suddenly deciding that the boat was a good idea. She was standing in the hallway that lead to the garage, the living room on her right and the kitchen on her left. "Peer pressure, I'm far to sensitive."

"We will rip you up you bitch!" Billy yelled, grabbing the phone from Stu and causing Kali to stop yet again. "Fuck!" He yelled throwing the phone.