Chapter 12 - Running

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"The pipe broke the wire, we can bend it back." She nodded to where the bloodied pipe stuck out in the corner.

"Oh god, no, no, no." Hallie whispered as Sidney began to pull the wire back, her being the closest to it.

"Hallie, it's the only way out." Sidney silenced her. "Help me."

Together the girls pulled it further back until the gap was big enough for them to fit through. Sidney went first, putting her legs through and then following with her body. She first tried to open the passenger's door, but the car was too close to a wall for it open.

"Oh god." Hallie muttered as Sidney then began to make her way to the other side, quietly trying to reach over the unconscious serial killer who still wore the mask. When she finally grabbed hold of the door she discovered that it must have been jammed.

"Try the window." Kali whispered.

Sidney sighed and then began to crawl over him, being careful not to make contact. Hallie grabbed hold of her friend's hand, squeezing it tightly as Sidney carefully made it out the window.

Once her feet touched the ground she ran to the back door and tried opening it.

"The door's jammed. You have to go through the front." She discovered.

"Oh, no fucking way." Hallie shot back.

"Hallie, do it." Sidney whisper yelled.

"I'm right behind you, go." Kali added.

Hallie carefully climbed into the front seat before quietly following what Sidney had done before her and crawled over top of the unconscious Ghostface, climbing through the window. Sidney helped her out and the girls then stood back, waiting for Kali to follow.

The red head took in a deep breath before easily climbing through the hole they had made and into the front seat; it was the next part that was tricky.

She let out one last shaky breath before leaning across and placing her hands on the shattered window. She pulled herself through, one leg at a time before Hallie and Sidney grabbed an arm each and helped her the rest of the way.

Once all three of them were safely out of the car they ran.

"Wait, wait." Sidney stopped them after they had been running for a while.

"What?" Hallie asked.

"I wanna know who it is." She said.

"Oh, no. Come on, Sid. Let's just go." Hallie pleaded.

"I'm going back." Sidney stated.

"We need to know." Kali agreed with a nod.

"Look, stupid people go back. Smart people run. We're smart people, so we should just get the fuck outta here." Hallie argued.

"Hallie I'm sick of running." Sidney shot back. "If we know who it is, then it's over."

"We can get the police."

"And by the time they get here, he'll be gone." Kali answered.

"I'll only take a minute, I have to do this." Sidney said, running back to the car. Kali went to follow, but Hallie grabbed her hand shaking her head, not wanting to be left alone.

"Oh, shit." They heard Sidney say.

"What?" Kali asked.

"He's gone!"

"What?" Hallie yelled just as Kali saw a black silhouette out of the corner of her eye, jump past her and grab hold of her roommate. He had jumped behind the wall and snuck up on them. Kali had been the closer to him, but he went around her and straight for Hallie, wrapping his arms across her shoulder and quickly stabbing her four times in the chest as Kali screamed and leapt back, unable to help.