Chapter 8 - The Last Time

Start from the beginning

"Did you doubt Stu?" Kali asked and Randy's silent reply was as good as any. "It's the same time frame, Randy. We had been friends with Stu for almost three years and we'd been dating for two and a half."

"Yeah, I know." He muttered.

"God, what's wrong with me." She whispered, shaking her head.

"Nothing, there is nothing wrong with you, Kal. It's perfectly understandable. Look, I'm going to go meet with Dewey and when I get back you're going to come to my dorm room and we're going to watch a movie, just like old times, okay?"

Kali smiled up at her friend and nodded. "Alright, but we used to watch horror movies, is that appropriate?"

"I think we could probably get away with 'Alien'." Randy stated.

"Okay." She leant up and gave him a hug that he returned. "Come get me when you're back."

"Okay, see you later." Randy began to walk away, but Kali stopped him after a few paces.

"Hey, Randy? Don't tell Dewey about this conversation? It'll only worry him and he'll probably come and interrogate Mickey himself."

"You got it." He agreed.

As Kali began to head to the cafeteria a thought of the last time Randy and her had watched a horror movie together and the last time she had seen her sister alive popped into her mind.

***

"They're at the door." Kali announced to Stu as she pulled a top over her head and looked out the window at the forming crowd.

Stu got off the bed, quickly ripping on some clothes and of all things throwing on his red silk dressing gown over the top of his clothes. It was like his favourite item of clothing to wear around the house because he felt rich and powerful.

Stu came up behind Kali and kissed her neck before leaving the room to greet his guests while she freshened up in the bathroom. When she came downstairs everyone had already gathered around the living room. Some were in the kitchen talking, but everyone seemed to be voting to watch scary movies because of recent events. Sidney and Tatum were sitting on the long couch flicking through a few of the DVDs while Randy stood in front of the crowd, taking control of the voting.

"How many Evil Dead?" Randy asked, gaining a few raised hands. "How many Hellraiser?"

"I got a little hellraiser right here." Stu announced, grabbing Kali's hand and pulling her onto his lap from where he sat in the single couch.

"The Fog, Terror Train, Prom Night. How come Jamie Lee Curtis is in all of these movies?" Sidney asked.

"She's the 'Scream Queen,'" Randy whispered, coming up beside Sidney.

"With a set of lungs like that, she should be." Stu added delicately.

"Tits, see?" Tatum said with a roll of her eyes as Kali looked up at Stu from her reclined position across his lap. Seeing her look he immediately mouthed the words 'Always You,' gaining a shake of the head, but still a smile from Kali.

The doorbell ringing snapped everyone's attention to it, not expecting anyone else to show.

"We need more beer." Stu announced, shuffling out from under Kali and getting off the couch.

"I'll get it, you get the door." Kali cut in.

"No." Stu said quickly. "You sit down, rest."

"Stu, I can get a beer." Kali said.

"Jesus, I'll get it." Tatum said to shut them up as she stood up and Stu ran to the door, but quickly ran back.