Chapter 7 - Poor Judgement

Start from the beginning

"Let me guess, he asked you to talk to me?" Sidney asked turning to face the other girl who wondered how she knew. Sidney shrugged, "You've known him longer than anyone else, makes sense."

"He's worried about you and he doesn't want there to be a rift in your relationship, especially now." Kali said, walking up to her.

"She was never attacked!" A female voice erupted from outside the bathroom door as it started to swing open. Sidney suddenly gabbed Kali's arm and pulled her into one of the stalls, closing the door so they could hide before they were seen. "I think she made it all up." The girl said.

"Why would she lie about it?" Another girl asked.

"For attention. The girl has some serious issues. I mean, what if she did it? What if Sidney killed Casey and Steve?"

"And why would she do that?"

"Maybe she had the hots for Steve and killed them both in a jealous rage." The girl said as Kali rolled her eyes, unimpressed with their lame and unoriginal deduction.

"What would Sidney want with Steve? She has her own bubble-butt boyfriend, Billy."

"Maybe she's a slut just like her mother." The first girl offered. Kali knew her voice. It was Kate, the captain of the cheerleading team and if she had to guess the other voice belonged to Susan, Kate's minion.

"Your evil." Susan said.

"Please, it's a common fact. Her mother was a tramp." Kate said.

"Like she can talk." Kali barely whispered, just loud enough for Sidney to hear, who was on the verge of tears as Kali tried to comfort her with a single arm hug.

"Cut her some slack, she watched her mum get butchered."

"And it fucked her up royally. Think about it. Her mother's death leaves her disturbed and hostile in a cruel and inhumane world. She delusional - 'where's god,' etcetera, completely suicidal. One day she snaps, she wants to kill herself, but she realises that team suicide is out this year and homicide is a much healthier, therapeutic expression."

Kali went to make her presence known, heading to the stall door to "unleash her wrath," as Stu would call it, when Sidney grabbed her arm and shook her head.

"Where do you get this shit?"

"Ricki Lake." Kate replied as the two took their exit, the sound of the bathroom door opening and closing.

Sidney and Kali were about to exit their hiding place when they heard it open again and didn't want to come out of the stall together so waited until they heard another stall door close before coming out.

"Kate just doesn't like that she isn't the centre of attention." Kali whispered right away, not wanting the other person in the bathroom to hear.

"It's fine."

"She's pathetic, really." Kali continued.

"Kal, it's fine." Sidney tried again.

"Okay, let's just get to class." Kali said, grabbing Sidney's arm and leading her towards the door, but just as they walked out in front of the end stall, the door was kicked open and none other than the ghost-face killer came charging out, but with no weapon.

The girls screamed jumping back as they split up and ran around Ghostface on either side. He lunged for Sidney, but she dodged him and he slammed into the sinks as the girls made it to the door and sprinted to the stairs, running down them and heading straight for the principals office.