Chapter 7 - Poor Judgement

Start from the beginning

"Not really no, but they said his interrogation went well and he seems like a good guy, so until I do I'll take the word of the detectives."

"Can't you take my word?" Kali asked, but immediately knew why Dewey couldn't as a flashed of Stu came to her mind.

"Just stay with people, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, I think I worked out a pattern last night." Kali began. "The names of all the victims..."

"Are related to the Woodsboro murders. Gale just worked that out." Dewey confirmed.

"Gale? Why are you with Gale?"

"She's helping with the investigation. Look, I've got to go, stay safe." Dewey finished before hanging up, not waiting for a reply, knowing that Kali would have continued on about the reporter.

"Everything alright?" Mickey asked as he came out of the bathroom with nothing, but a towel tied around his hips.

"Yeah, they've posted a couple of guards on Sidney." She explained. "I'm gonna have a shower." She declared, getting to her feet a making her way to the bathroom.

"Hmm." Mickey grabbed her wrist as she walked past him, spinning her around and kissing her in the doorway. "I wouldn't mind another one." He said with a suggestive tone once they pulled back.

Kali chuckled as they back up into the bathroom, Mickey kicking the door shut behind them.

Despite her best efforts to put up a front, however, the conversation with Dewey had brought her down as thoughts filled her mind of how two of the people she trusted most in the world had betrayed her and, well everyone, three years ago. She wanted to trust Mickey, she wanted to trust Derek and Hallie, but she found herself doubting her judgement as moments when she had trusted Billy and Stu came to mind.

***

"Billy!" Kali saw her friend walking in the opposite direction and called out, instantly causing him to turn to face her.

"Oh, hey, Kal."

"You okay?" She asked genuinely concerned.

"You mean aside from having my girlfriend accuse me of murder?"

"Sid's just freaked out, she's not thinking clearly. You can't blame her for that."

"No, I know and I don't, it's just... hard." Kali offered him a small smile.

"Have you seen her?" She asked, wondering if the two had had a chance to talk.

"Yeah, briefly. She took off though. You think you could talk to her?"

"Now?" Billy gave her a hopeful smile with puppy dog eyes causing Kali to sigh in defeat. "Alright, where'd she go?"

"Bathroom." Kali nodded and left for the girl's bathroom finding Sidney alone by the sink washing her face.

Tatum would have yelled at her twin for taking Billy's side and talking to Sid for him, but if you take Kali's twin and boyfriend out of the picture, Billy was probably her best friend. They had been friends, and Maths and English buddies, since 2nd grade, ever since Billy threw a paper aeroplane in maths class at the teacher, but it went a little off course and instead lodged itself in Kali's hair. Billy was good at Math and always helped Kali while Kali was good at English and helped Billy. It was Billy that had introduced Kali to Stu, three years ago, and Kali who had introduced Billy to Sidney, four years ago. Billy then crushed on Sid for two years before finally asking her out.

Randy, on the other hand, was surprisingly enough brought into the group by Tatum, shortly before Sidney.

"Hey, Sid, you alright? I just saw Billy."