Chapter 5 - Interogated

Start from the beginning

"It would certainly improve your high school IQ."

"Stu was with me last night." Kali shot at Randy, throwing a grape at him.

"Yeah, I was." Stu chimed in proudly, this time causing Kali to turn on him and throw another grape, which he caught and ate after it had bounced of his forehead.

"Is that before or after he sliced and diced?" Randy joked.

"Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Kali demanded.

"Working, thank-you." Randy grinned; eating the grape Kali had just thrown at him.

"Oh, at the video store? I thought they fired your sorry ass." Tatum spoke up from the other side of her sister and Stu.

"Twice." Randy answered as if it were his greatest accomplishment.

"Nah, I didn't kill anybody." Stu then added, this time seriously unlike the rest of their conversation.

"Nobody said you did." Billy then added.

"Besides... it takes a man to do something like that." Randy joked.

"Yeah? I'm gonna gut your ass in a second kid." Stu laughed back.

"Let me ask you something." Randy stood up and leaned over to Stu. "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox, because I heard they put her liver in the mail box, next to her spleen and pancreas."

"Randy you goon." Tatum said, throwing a grape to shut him up.

"Fuck, we're trying to eat here." Kali added, catching the grape Tatum had thrown and ate it.

"She's getting mad, all right." Stu said. "You better liver alone." Stu joked with a laugh. Apparently his lame joke was too much for Sidney as she got up and left while Stu was still laughing. "Liver alone!" Stu said again as if it were the greatest joke in the world. As he continued laughing, Billy reached over and punched him on the arm. "Ow! Liver, liver, it's a joke." He defended while Tatum shook her head and Kali lightly rolled her eyes when he looked up at her for backup.

Tatum then stood, planning on following Sidney.

"I got it." She said to her twin just before Kali went to stand as well. Once Tatum was gone Kali threw one last grape at Stu's head, but this time he caught it before impact, but Kali took it from his hand and ate it before he could causing him to pout.

***

"Thanks for your cooperation." The detectives voice sounded as Kali looked up to see Mickey leaving his interrogation. "Hallie, I'll be with you in a few minutes, okay?" He turned to the last remaining person.

"Uh, no problem." She said, clearly nervous.

"That was the easiest interrogation of my crime-filled life." Mickey said over to her as he took up a seat beside Kali, trying to calm their friend's nerves. Kali knew of Mickey's past, but there wasn't really anything too bad. It was mostly just rebellious teenage years as a result of a drunken mother and a father who only really showed up when he needed money for gambling debts. But when he graduated and moved out of home to go to college, he changed. No longer having to steal to provide for him and his mum, who had, for all intense purposes, disowned him when she learned he had secretly applied for college; a scholarship not mattering in the slightest to her.

Hallie only nodded slightly. "I'm gonna get a quick cup of coffee, you guys want one?" She asked.

Mickey shook his head, but Kali nodded. Once she had left, Mickey turned to his girlfriend. "You all right?" He asked, lounging back in the chair and sliding down a bit.

"Yeah." She replied half heartedly, not making eye contact and simply staring ahead.

"You know you blink when you lie?" He stated.

She smiled lightly, letting her head fall to the side and rest on his shoulder. "I'll be fine." She whispered just as Sidney came over to them, sitting down beside Kali. "How you doing?" Kali asked her.

"You know, I knew this was coming. I knew this wasn't over." Sidney stated.

"You are not alone, Sid." Mickey said from the other side of Kali as she sat up straight again. "Okay? We are all here for you. All right? Whatever you need."

"That poor girl." Sidney whispered.

"I know." Mickey responded softly.

"You knew her, didn't you? Cici?" Kali asked, turning to him.

He nodded a little. "Yeah, she was in Film Theory."

"Derek could've been killed, you know." Sidney spoke softly.

"But he wasn't." Kali counteracted quickly. "He's fine."

"He just needs to realize the 90s is no time to play hero." Mickey lightly joked. "Why would anyone go back in that house anyway?" He then asked.

No one said anymore as Hallie came back and handed Kali her coffee.