Prologue

Prologue

I was raised to always try and find the good in people, even if I hated them. I was raised to never be too quick to judge someone. I was raised to keep my mouth shut if I didn’t agree with someone. I guess you could say I was raised correctly. I never really had trouble with my parents or siblings. I never have had any serious fights with my friends. I’ve gotten good grades all my life. I guess you could also call me an over-achiever. I’m not really sure what you would call me, to be perfectly honest. I mean, now. I’ve changed. That was all the past me. Now, I don’t know if the change is good or bad. It all happened so quickly. It was weird. It was kind of like a metamorphosis. I turned into someone I never thought I could ever become and it was all because of one person. One night changed me forever. I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but I sure did. I’m not the same I was three months ago. It was all because of one person. He was mysterious. He was harsh. He was protective over me for no good reason. He scared me a lot of the time. His eyes often pierced my heart with an aching that could have only come from his degrading words. He never treated me right. The one person he thought of was himself. His grip held tight as his eyebrows would furrow inward, creating the slightest of creases in his forehead. I knew he was angry when his eye narrowed and his breathing hitched. He frightened me. But, there was something enchanting about him. His smile was radiant. His touch was electrifying, sending chills down my spine. His rosy red lips were addictive. His eyes were truthful and his arms held me tightly, creating a space haven I only knew once in my life. His hands encapsulated mine in an effort to comfort me and probably himself. The only thing me back from loving him, was well, me. I can’t trust myself, let alone give my whole self to be trusted entirely by one other singular being. I’ve been hurt too many times. He used me before he loved me. It was like, he was using me in his game of keep away. 

Keep AwayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara