"Make...you...feel good, does...it?" Ethan wheezed, smirking as he turned in.

James went in for a kick to the stomach until he froze. Didn't freeze because he felt guilty or whimpered on the thought that he could kill him but because someone stopped him. Ethan bellowed wheezed chuckling lightly to himself below James' feet as he turned around. Harper stood there her eyes full of tears, her bottom lip quivering as her eyes never once left James.

"Harper..." He gasped.

Nothing was said only but the doors yelling as security bombarded in heading over to James as they took both of his arms firmly. "Harper!" James pleaded. Ethan was helped up behind where he wiped his nose and the blood that bled from his cracked lips with his back hand.

"I guess he couldn't take the truth." Ethan said as he approached over to Harper who still hadn't spoken a word as such yet. James watched in disgust and anger as Ethan placed his arm around her back in attempt to comfort her but only he knew it was his move of taking the piss, to anger James only further.

"Harper, don't believe a word he said!" James snapped, trying to thrash out the two bulky men's grip.

"James, I forgive you. You need to stop living in the past." Ethan beckoned, smirking slyly trying to play his part, before he snapped his fingers. "Take him out, gently though. He's fragile."

James snarled. "You f**king b**tard!" The two bulky men that kept James well locked into their grip started moving him out towards the door. "Harper!" He shouted in final hope that she would see sense.

Ethan only smirked as he rubbed his hand across his stubble before turning to face Harper. "I'm sorry you had to see that. He had come into my office all guns blazing, I couldn't fight him. What would that have made me?" Then he sighed, his head falling to the ground so he could smile to himself.

Harper still hadn't said a word and only moved away from him. "Excuse me for a moment." She said. Ethan nodded. "Of course, when you're ready, I'll get Casey to go through with you on the all the forms. I better clean myself up." Harper nodded heading out the office.

James gave up trying to get out their grasp and only succumbed as they stood either side by him as the lift went down. They led him out the exit all the way to the glass doors before letting go as they pushed him gently out. He sighed letting out air as he dug his hands into his pockets. That was the last straw. He had practically nearly killed a man and for as long as he knew, Harper could have watched him tear punches at him. What was the point now? Nothing was going to make it better. Congrats James Brewer, you deserve fool of the year.

-"James."

He turned around watching as Harper exited from the glass doors heading over to him. "Harper." He gasped, shocked by her presence.

"Was everything he said a lie? Did you mean what you said about me? Am I naïve, was I stupid fling?" She muttered, single tears escaping both her eyes. "I want to believe what I saw wasn't true, I want to believe what I heard that day wasn't true but I won't ever stop thinking or dwelling unless I know the real truth." Harper closed her eyes for a second, her bottom lip quivering as she added. "I'm giving you a chance. All I want to know, is...did or do you even love me? I want to hear it face to face."

At that moment, a group of cars sped up to the front of the building and with it a stampede of press climbed out.

And you know what James did, the only thing he was good at. Walking away. All for the cost of a deal. What happened to getting Harper back? Well he lost all hope.

"I'm sorry." Was all he could say as he pushed through the press that were encircling him demanding to know about the bust up which Ethan would have set up to create chaos. Harper refused to cry, no, she knew that was the truth. In actual fact, she felt like a weight had been pulled off her shoulders.