Fuck it. Singing, for me, had always been try way in which I had channeled my emotions; whether good or bad. But this time I felt as thought the song hit too close to home.

"Chloe?"

"Y-Yeah?" I stuttered as I was drawn back into the present.

"It will help." She spoke, as if she had been reading all of my thoughts, "Trust me."

I quickly nodded to the pianist, Claire, who sat behind me; in signal for her to begin playing.

Each note reverberated through me and all too quickly I began to sing once again. The familiar comfort overwhelming me as I eased into the lyrics.

Then came the chorus:

"Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk," I took in a breathe that seemed to last all too long, "Because of you, I learnt to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt-" With just those few words I could feel my hands shaking together and my voice crack, "Because of you- I am afraid..."

Two seconds later I found myself in Rita's arms, tears pricking in my eyes.

"I'm so pathetic I'm sorry," Even my voice came out as a pathetic whine.

"Let it out," She sighed, "Better now than tonight,"

"God, I'm so-"

"Don't apologise Chloe."

"But, it's just I feel as though I'm constantly in a rut or moping around just because of some stupid fucking-"

"Watch it," She whispered almost in audibly.

"S-Sorry?" I apologised yet again, confused.

"No need to apologise," The familiar deep voice, cut straight through me; causing my feet to lose their balance.

"What are you doing here?" I choked out, not wanting to turn around.

"I think you know."

"Are you serious?" I couldn't stop myself as I turned on my heels only to freeze on the spot as I fully took him in.

His brown curls which stood up in the neatest yet bloody attractive manner, his green eyes which haunted my every thought of him, his pink lips of which I constantly reminisced over how they felt on mine, his-

"You're staring," Rita whispered in my ear, my immediately straightening up and looking back to Harry, who's eyes watched me intently.

"I believe you were in the middle of speaking," Harry remarked, almost cockily, yet no smirk was plastered upon his tan face, "I thought it would be rude to interrupt."

"I-I lost my trail of thought," I mumbled; never had I felt this amount of unease talking to someone, ever.

"I see,"

"Y-Yeah," My eyes suddenly sparked a fond interest in the floor.

"Have you been crying?" The curiosity in his voice luring me to lock eye contact with him. My mouth opened but my brain couldn't process any words to come out- leaving me almost gaping at him.

"No," I spoke finally, with the last burst of confidence that I had.

"Harry," Rita spoke up, "I really think you should go." Now it was his turn to gape, as he stood there with shock apparent on his ever soft features.

"P-Please Ri," He practically begged, making me feel weak at my knees.

Cliché I know.

"No, Harry." Her tone was harsh, "Can't you see what you've already done?" She questioned and it took a second for her words to sink in, in him.