Orphaned

This is a fanfic on NCIS I do not own NCIS or its characters besides the ones I made up.

Prologue:

It all began one hot spring night in the middle of May when a call reached the NCIS squad room in Washington, D.C. Special Agent Gibbs answered the call. The person on the phone said, "Is this Special Agent Gibbs?"

"Yes it is, and who is this?", asked Gibbs.

"This is Baltimore Police Department. We found a dead Petty Officer and four others have been found dead too and there was one survivor a fourteen year old girl.", replied the Officer.

"Okay thanks for the call." Hanging up Gibbs then saids to his team "Grab your gear."

"Where are we headed to Boss.", asks Special Agent Tony DiNozzo.

"Baltimore. We have a dead Petty Officer and four others. Let's go!", replies Gibbs. Gibbs then turns to Special Agent Ziva David and saids,"Tell Ducky to meet us there and I want you to interview the victim."

"Why me?", wondered Ziva.

"Because you have lost family before and this girl has just lost her entire family, you can help her. Also, she is in protective custody because she witnessed the murder. Understood.", stated Gibbs.

"Yes.", replied Ziva.

"How old is the girl?", queried Special Agent McGee.

"Fourteen.", answered Gibbs. "Now let's go!"

A/N:

That is the prologue and I have yet to introduce the main character of this book. I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE NCIS MATERIAL. Please tell me if the story is good or not. Comment Vote and Fan

~ Twilight26

WARNING: This is going to be a scary/sad chapter.

Chapter 1:

I looked at my clock in my bedroom. It read 10:00 PM. My room was a mess I would need to remember to clean it up this weekend. Oh, by the way my name is Kate, Kaitlyn Holmes. I live in Baltimore, Maryland in a small house with my mom, my dad, my brother, Spencer,and my sister, Michelle. My brother has Autism and Michelle, Spencer, and me are triplets. I am fourteen years old and go to Baltimore Middle School and I am in the eighth grade.

I wonder why I woke up I feel like something is wrong. I get out of bed and look up at Shelly (short for Michelle). By the way me and Shelly share a room and have bunk beds. I see that she is awake to and can tell that something is wrong too. So I ask her,"What's wrong?"

"Did you hear that?", she whispers.

"What I don't hear anything?", I retort back.

Then we hear a loud CRASH in the kitchen and we both freeze. Then we hear talking in the kitchen it's our parents and a stranger.

"Where are they?", the mystery voice asks.

"They went to a sleepover.", my mom replied her voice showed that she was scared.

"Lies!", spats the mystery voice.

"Please don't.", begs my father.

Hearing the fear in my dad's voice frightens me even more. My dad NEVER got scared. Then me and Shelly hear a noise that we thought we would only ever hear in TV shows the click of a gun being ready to fire.

I whisper to Shelly,"You go into Spencer's room and protect him while I got and get hairspray from the bathroom to spray into this crazy person's eyes, ok."

"Yep, got it and if this doesn't work I love you no matter what even though you are a pain in my ass.", joked Shelly her voice filled with fear.

"Same I love you too.", I reply back.

We both walk over to the door and as I grab the handle I hear a gunshot go off and I know that we have to work fast if we both want to survive this night.

We both heard the painful scream come from our mom and several more shots were heard. By this time we are out of our bedroom and going our separate ways hoping that our plan works. I round the corner of the hallway and I'm almost to the bathroom when another shot goes off and grazes my shoulder. I let out a howl of pain and see the intruder for the first time.

He is about 5'10" and very muscular and has piercing RED eyes (who has red eyes) and would probably weigh around 180 pounds. He has a black mask on his face, but I can see that he has dark brown hair and a unusually big nose. He is wearing a black t-shirt which shows off his muscles and black sweatpants. I know what you are thinking that he is hot and that I am checking him out, but what the hell he just SHOT ME!!

I panic, I run into the bathroom and lock the door behind me and grab the hairspray and hid in the shower. I hear him running up the hallway and open a door that creaks, and then I remember about Spencer and Shelly. I hear a scream and several more gunshots, and I know that I am to late. My family is dead.

A/N: Sorry about this being a really bad chapter but it had to happen. Tell me how my story is if it is good or bad. Comment, Vote, and Fan!!

~ Twilight26

Chapter 2:

When I realized what happened, grief overtook me. I panicked and that caused Shelly and Spencer to be dead. My family is gone, and now I am an orphan.

Then I heard a loud CRACK! The intruder was trying to make an escape. I know that I should try to stop him, but the pain in my arm is killing me. I let out a painful moan. In the distance, I hear sirens. I get hopeful that this horrible night was almost over.

Then what seemed like hours I hear the police shout, "Baltimore PD, open up!" ( PD means police department) I hear them walk through the house and stop I front of the bathroom door. They kick down the DOOR, and I feel a bright light of the flashlight being shined in my eyes.

One officer saids,"Freeze."

I put up my hands and say,"Please don't hurt me. I am injured, and I just watched my family be killed."

Another officer saids,"We need to call NCIS there is a dead Petty Officer along with four others."

I realized that any hope of my family being alive was shattered. I broke down in tears. I could hear the sirens of an ambulance, and I knew that I would be safe soon.

The first officer that spoke said,"It's ok you are safe. Help is coming." While saying that she applied pressure to my wound.

Then the stretcher came into the bathroom and I remember being wheeled out of the house before blacking out.

I woke with a start in a hospital room, and I am so confused 'Where am I?' I thought to myself. My question was answered when a nurse cam in and said,"Oh, your awake. You have been out for two days. You went into shock and your arm will be fine too."

She walked around the room mumbling to herself, and fixing things that I don't know what they are called. Then she said,"You have a visitor." And left the room.

Then walked in a women who said,"Hello, my name is Special Agent Ziva David from NCIS."

A/N: Sorry if this was short and not that exciting. The next few chapters will be more interesting. I will try and post very few days if my schedule will let me. Tell me if this story is good or bad. Comment, Vote, and Fan!!

~ Twilight26