his deteriorated family.

August.

Chapter 5

Chapter 5.
I sighed walking into my house realizing that it was clean and there were no children roaming around making too much noise. I sat my keys on the counter and walked in the kitchen seeing 7 boxes of food from Koji's. I turned around and saw three different pairs of shoes on my carpet.

"Who the hell is in my house?" I mumbled to myself as I headed up the stairs. I first went into Autumn's room and what I saw wasn't too pleasant for me.

I snatched the covers off her and whoever she was laying with. "Autumn, get yo ass up!"

She groaned and sat up looking at me. I just stood there looking at her with my hand on my hips, she got me messed up.

"What man? I was sleeping good." She said.

"Wake him up now." I sternly said. She looked at me with a mug and lightly shook whoever that was.

"Angelo, wake up. My Dad here being a jack-"

"Finish that sentence. I dare you."

She only chuckled and shook her head. I threw her cover back on her bed, telling her that her and Veah's friends had to go home. I walked in Dir's room to see him, Jace and Bj all playing 2K.

"Sorry to ruin y'all little game but Nadir your friends gotta go. I made the Twins get rid of their friends, so I'm making you get rid of yours too."

Bj smacked his teeth before sighing. "Damn man. It's cool though, Moms told me to be home before she cooked anyways. You coming with me J?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen her fine self in a minute," They both got up and grabbed their belongings.

"Alright y'all, be smooth out there." Dir dapped them up as they left out. I stood upstairs before I heard the front door open and close.

"Get your sister's and y'all meet me downstairs." I walked downstairs waiting for them to come down and after forever they finally came down.

"Did you get put off the label or something? Because you been acting like a real life jerk every since you walked in here." Veah said with attitude in her voice.

"First of all, watch your mouth. Second of all, I'm mad because I don't like the fact that my daughters are laid up in my house alone with their friends."

Autumn rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone only before I snatched it out her hand and putting it in my pocket.

"Bruh are you serious? You acting like we didn't inform you that we had people over here, but did Nadir tell you he had friends over?"

Veah bitterly chuckled. "I don't even know why you brought that up, sis. Nadir don't do nothing wrong in Daddy eyes."

"Don't bring my name up in nothing, we was only playing 2K and y'all was laid up with some niggas. Our situations ain't the same shorty." Nadir said.

I just sat there and looked at my three creations bicker back and forth. Autumn and Na'Veah always felt like I loved Nadir more because he was boy, which wasn't the case because I loved my kids equally.

And everytime they'd get in trouble they always think I'm being hard on them, but soft on Nadir.

"I'm going to get on him later, I'm talking to y'all right now so don't try to flip the script."

"I don't see what the problem is, you real life doing too much right now." A shrugging Veah said. I didn't feel like going back and forth with my 17 year old daughter, so I sent her up to her room.

"So what, we getting grounded for having friends over? After we told you that we had friends over? That's beyond me."

"No, Autumn. It's the fact that y'all were practically naked and laid up in my house."

She looked taken back after I said that sentence.

"Naked? He had his shirt off with his pants still on and I had on my sweats along with a sports bra, that's practically what I wear around the house. Am I naked then?"

I closed my eyes and counted to 10. "Autumn just get out my face before I hurt you." I heard her smack her teeth and stomp upstairs to her, I jumped slightly jumped as I heard her room door slam.

"Well that escalated quickly." Nadir mumbled.

I looked down at the Twins phone because they both had buzzed at the same time. Autumn had a message from Angelo.

angelo 💕🐻
i miss u forreal man 🙁 tell yo pops if i disrespected him in anyway that ian mean to and i'm sorry

I shook my head and went to give the Twins back their phones. When I walked in on Veah she was sitting in the middle of her bed, staring at the blank walls. I sat her phone on her dresser and left out.

Autumn was just laying down and watching Netflix with her back turned towards me. I sat her phone on her nightstand and left her room as well.

"I'm about to take me a nap Pop, you need something before I do that?"

"No, son you can go ahead. I'm probably about to just straighten up the house and find something to cook later on."

He nodded and proceeded into his room, shutting the door behind him.

I let a stressful sigh and sat down. Life was hitting me hard and I don't know how much longer I can take. Dealing with three teenagers, having to be the provider of your family and the mother of your nieces battling cancer.

I don't never question God, but at this point.. I really have a lot of questions. A person can only take so much of this thing called life before they finally give up. And I hate to say this but..

I'm starting to give up.
--------------------
peace and love.

i hope you guys like the new improvements.