The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

Faith was right, Mia may have said she had forgiven me but the trust between us was gone. There had to be something I could do that would show her I’m sorry. I needed to talk to her, just the two of us. I looked into Faith’s eyes. Her expression softened as though she knew what I was thinking. I quickly hurried off towards the house, when I got inside I raced up the stairs and headed for Mia’s room. I was surprised to the door was ajar; as I stepped closer I could sense fear. Mia’s fear. I pushed the door open; I saw Mia stood by her bedside table. I could see her swaying from side to side as though she was going to faint. I hurried over to her and caught her just as she was about to go. Her body felt cold but her skin felt damp from perspiration and she was white as a ghost. I tried to bring back round but she out cold. I gently scooped her up into my arms and placed her bed. As I did so I heard something clatter on the floor, I made sure she was ok before I knelt down to see what it was that fell from her hand. I noticed something shining in front of her bed side table. As I reached down for it I realised I had seen it before. I hesitated briefly before picking up the ring, the ring that Wyatt had got for Hope before she left. Every year on the day she was sent away he would haul himself away in his room, sitting of his desk staring at her ring. This ring. He never took it out from his room, ever. So what on earth was it doing in here? Why on earth did Mia have it? I slowly sat on the floor looking at the ring just trying to figure out what was going on. There was no way that Wyatt would let anyone get their hands on it, unless. I lifted my head slightly; there on the table I saw a lit candle and a rose. I moved towards it, as I looked over at the rose I noticed a note. I quickly snatched it up, I recognised the handwriting. It was Wyatt’s handwriting; he had given her the rose. He had given her the ring. He was trying to win her over; he was trying to get my Mia. As the sudden realisation took over me, anger filled my body. I clenched my hands into tight fists; I could fell the ring digging into my palm.

     “Faith, Tyler Mia’s room now!!!” I shouted.

     “What’s wrong?” Faith answered me sounding concerned.

    “No time for questions, just do it!!” I shouted again.

I could feel the rage taking over me as my body began to shake uncontrollably, I needed to find Wyatt and I needed to find him now. In an instant I jumped up onto my feet and began to pace around Mia room, I needed to try and stay calm. For now.

     “Is Mia ok?” Tyler asked.

     “Both shut up and get up here. I need you to sit with Mia; I need to have a word with Wyatt.” I said my voice full of venom.

Wyatt may have been my older brother and my alpha but right now I wanted to rip his throat out. Mia was mine and he wasn’t going to have her. As I heard the two of them race up the stairs I ran as I as fast as I could to Wyatt’s office. I broke open the door smashing it into pieces, I searched the room but he was nowhere to be found. I sniffed the air trying to find a fresh trail of his scent but I couldn’t. I turned quickly heading back out of his office, blinded by rage I didn’t notice that Antonio was stood in the doorway. That was until I walked straight into him; he stumbled back a little but still blocked my path.

     “Get the fuck out of my way!” I spat at him.

He still didn’t budge, I looked him in the eyes let out a low warning growl but it didn’t faze him. I could feel myself losing control, if he didn’t move I was going to turn any second.

     “No! We need to talk. Now!” Antonio spat back at me.

     “Sorry no can do, now get out of the way!” I shouted pushing him as hard as I could, managing to move him enough to get past.