The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (23)

Começar do início

     I stalked back over to Kaden and grabbed his hand, dragging both him and Devyn to my bed, I fell back on it - my energy fading from my body completely. Kaden wrapped an arm around my waist and I sighed in pleasure at the tingles it sent through me, while Devyn placed a hand on my thigh and began to run his other hand through my hair. His touch was equally as relaxing but in a different way. Relaxing, and ... nice but not wonderful, amazing, sensational - like Kaden's. Father looked at us confusedly, glancing between Devyn and Kaden - his eyebrows furrowed. Jay moved behind him, sitting at the foot of the bed and crossed his arms across his chest.  

     "That's why I'm here." I snapped. "For them, for answers. If I didn't need these damn answers so much I wouldn't have bothered coming at all. As far as I'm concerned - I don't have a father." I told him loudly putting as much venom in my voice as I could muster.    

   He frowned and a pained expression crossed his face.    

   "If you would just let me explain Ali, I co-" I cut him off, anger filling me once more.     

  "It's Aaliyah to you."    

   "Fine. Aaliyah. I can explain why I HAD to leave, why there is so much security around this place and WHY I live so far away ... And haven't been back."  

    "I don't want your excuses dad," I snapped, putting heavy emphasis on the word Dad. "I want answers for myself. Like why I'm a wolf even though I'm not first born. Why my wolf is a separate entity inside me and WHY I have two mates! Of course we have theories but I want answers. Right NOW." I demanded. My voice rang with an authority that surprised even myself. A small smile crossed Father's face.  

     "That right there is the answer to all of your questions." He explained confusingly. I frowned, now wasn't the time for games!  

    "What right where? Stop playing around, the sooner we get the hell out of here the better!" I growled, sitting up a little straighter.  

    "What did I say about language in this house? From my daughter no less."     

  "Incase you haven't noticed, I don't give a damn about your rules. You almost killed your own son and daughter. Now give me my answers." My voice was growing colder with each syllable I uttered.    

   "Listen to my explanation first." He snarled back at me, causing all three guys around my to tense up. Jay leaned forward slightly, rolling his shoulders. Kaden's grip on my waist tightened a fraction of an inch and Devyn's playing with my hair stopped, his hand was hard where it rested on my thigh.  

    "Fine." I huffed, knowing there was no reasoning with him until he had told us his lies.  

    He looked pleased, a satisfied smile on his face as he sat back. He focused his attention on Devyn.     

  "You're Dwayne's son aren't you?"  

    I frowned, what did this have to do with anything?  

    Devyn nodded stiffly and I brushed my hand against his, holding onto it tightly. He eased up slightly and smiled softly at me.  

    "Believe it or not, I was alpha of your pack before your father pulled that little stunt of his."       "What stunt?" Devyn's voice was cool and collected but I could tell otherwise, he was ticked off. As was I.     

  "Just get on with your damn story." I snapped.  

    Father rolled his eyes, anger flaring in them. His own patience was wearing thin.  

    "I was Alpha. Of the Blue Moon pack, up until about fifteen years ago. I had a young daughter and son, my mate was human. I couldn't be around for my pack as much, I wasn't always on our land though I tried to make it back to the pack house every weekend. The pack was okay with it but there was one who was not. Dwayne Carter, another wolf who had recently had a son," Dad looked at Devyn and I rolled my eyes, where was he even going with this? "His reasoning was that no werewolf should have a human mate - it was 'unnatural'. My own wife had previously ... Died. She wasn't my mate but I loved her so much ... We had had no children and that's when I moved away from the pack, only for a few weeks - to clear my head, get away from the grief.