The Tour

Sonic and Shadow both walked into the town. Sonic constantly held Shadows hand, but Shadow wasn't pushing him away, or telling him to let go, he was actually enjoying it. "Here's the library.. Oh, and here's the town hall, and here's the storage--" Sonics words seemed to slip away from Shadow as he kept thinking about what happened back at Sonics house.

"Everyone tried to get me to think you were dead too... It hurt me... changed me... I had been gloomy ever since that day..." Sonic sniffled and little tears began to form on the outer edges of his eyes. "..But.. I never thought you were dead.. I knew I'd find you and you'd be okay..." A tear rolled down Sonics cheek and fell down onto the bed. Shadow tilted his head slightly. "Are you crying?" Sonic immediately wiped away his tears and sniffled once more. "No.. I'm... it's just.." Sonic looked at Shadow and without thinking, pulled him into a hug with his arms around his neck. He whispered into his ear, "I'm just glad you're back and okay."

Shadow wasn't paying attention to Sonic as he showed him around town. Sonic looked back at Shadow to see if he was getting all the information, but he looked like something was on his mind. "Shadow? Hello?" Sonic asked as he waved a hand in front of the ebony hedgehogs face. Shadow snapped out of his daydream state and payed attention to Sonic. "Huh? Oh, Sorry Sonic." Shadow looked Sonic briefly before directing his eyes towards the ground. Sonic was concerned about Shadow. "Something bothering you?" He asked as he turned around to face Shadow. "No.. I'm fine.." He muttered. Sonic didn't know how to make Shadow feel better. Then, an idea popped into his head. "Hey, I know what'll make you feel better. How about we go get an ice cream?" Sonic gave Shadow a thumbs up and a wink as the ebony hedgehog looked up at the azure hedgehog with a warm smile. Sonic began to lead Shadow the ice cream shop. When it was their turn to order, they were greeted by a brown female wolf, who worked at the shop. "What can I get you today?" She asked in a very friendly tone. "Hmm... I think I'll have 2 scoops of vanilla.. What about you Shadow?" "I'll have a scoop of chocolate please," They both ordered, payed, and were handed their ice creams. "I never knew you liked chocolate ice cream Shadow," Sonic said, taking a lick of his ice cream. "I've liked it for a long time... I had it back on the ARK with Maria.. it was her favourite," Shadow explained, as he took a small lick of his own ice cream. Sonic awed silently as he held Shadows hand. "Well, now's not the time to be sad. C'mon, cheer up!" Sonic chuckled as he took another few licks. Shadow looked down at Sonics hand holding his hand, and then back up at Sonic. "Alright," Shadow said as he finished eating his ice cream.

The 2 hedgehogs spent the whole day together, exploring and talking with each other about random things that popped into their minds. They sat and chatted under trees, they checked out some stores in the town, and even, payed Eggman a visit. By the time they were done, the sun was beginning to set. The 2 hedgehogs were sitting on top of a hill together, laughing for no apparent reason. Shadow had wiped a tear away from his eye from laughing so hard. "I had a lot of fun today, Sonic," Shadow says as he faced the azure hedgehog. Sonic giggled. "So did I!" Sonic grinned and wiped away his tears from laughing. Shadow put his hand down to support the way he was sitting. After Sonic had wiped away his tears, he accidentally laid his hand on top is Shadows. The 2 hedgehogs immediately looked at each other. Sonic blushed a bright red and quickly pulled his hand away, while turning his back to the ebony hedgehog. "I'm sorry Shadow! Please don't be mad!" Shadow looked confused. "Why would I be mad? It was an accident after all," Sonic slowly looked at Shadow to see that he had a giant grin on his face. "O-Okay.." Sonic said as he placed his hand back down onto the green grass. Unfortunately, Shadow stretched and when he put his hand down, it landed directly on top of Sonic. They both looked at each other, awaiting the others reaction. Shadow just stared into Sonics big emerald eyes, while Sonic tried to avert looking at Shadow whatsoever. Shadow somehow lost control of what he was doing has he pulled Sonics other hand to his and held it gently. Sonic was shocked. "Shadow.." He began, but was soon surprised to see the ebony hedgehog leaning closer into him while closing his eyes. Sonic closed his eyes half way as he leaned closer. "What are you..." He was silenced when Shadow pressed his tan lips into Sonics peach lips. Both hedgehogs had their eyes closed, while Shadows hands were linked into Sonics. Shadow was giving Sonic a warm kiss, and surprisingly, Sonic was kissing him back. After about 30 seconds of kissing, Shadow separated his lips from Sonics, while they both opened their eyes half way to face each other. Then, realization hit them both. They immediately spring away from each other, fully aware of what they had just done. "Sonic, listen, I--" "What were you thinking?! Kissing me?! I-I I don't even like you!" Sonic sped off, leaving Shadow standing alone on the top of the hill, watching Sonic take off. "I-I'm sorry.." Shadow said quietly as he sighed and began to walk back to Rouge's house.

Once Sonic reached his house, he was greeted by Tails. "Oh hey Sonic, how'd the day--" Sonic stormed past Tails and walked right into his room. Tails decided to go see Sonic. He walked into his bedroom, and saw Sonic sitting on the edge of his bed. "Everything okay Sonic?" The azure hedgehogs ears perked up and he looked at his two tailed friend. "Yeah, everything's fine, just tired is all" He gave him a thumbs up and a fake smile. However, Tails bought it and walked out of the room.

Meanwhile, Shadow was walking to Rouge's house. He was cold and his cheeks were wet from crying softly to himself. When he arrived at her house, he wiped away the evidence that he had been crying and knocked on the door. Rouge opened it, surprised to see Shadow this late. "Shadow? What are you doing here?" She asked. "Is it okay if I stay here for a little while..?" He asks weakly. "Of course sugar, come right in." Shadow smiled and walked into Rouge's house. "I'll be heading off to bed now, you can sleep in my guest bedroom if you'd like," She said with a yawn as she began to walk upstairs. "Thanks Rouge.. Goodnight.." She waved to him and went off to bed. Shadow sighed and walked upstairs to the guest bedroom. He closed the door, slipped off his shoes and sat on the bed, leaning against a pillow. He looked up at the celling and sighed. Sonic, on the other hand, did the exact same. They both closed their eyes halfway and in unison, said to themselves, "What have I done."

-SxnicBlade