Chapter 1 ☯ New boy

Caitlin's POV ~

"I swear, I tried to make them stay but it was no use!" Miranda shouted. 

I was furious, my best friend in the whole world was moving to the other side of the planet. 

"Well, there's nothing we can do about it now" I say as I get up off my bed and walk to the kitchen angrily. 

I know I shouldn't be so harsh on her because I mean, It's not her fault that her parents are making her move to England. 

She follows me down the stairs and sits on the couch. "I'm really sorry" she says almost in a whisper. 

I walk towards her and sigh loudly, We hug, "I'm sorry too." I say into the hug. 

Her mum comes through door to tell her that she has to go home and pack.

~~~

Miranda left 2 weeks after that day. 

We didn't hang out that much in the 2 weeks before she left because I didn't want to make it any harder for myself. 

It was bad enough that my sister had moved in with her boyfriend this year.

The day that Miranda left was the hardest. 

We couldn't visit each other because of financial problems so we would just call each other. 

My parents felt bad for me so they took me out on a day trip around the harbour (Sydney, Australia), we went to Luna Park and I had a great time.

It definitely helped me get my mind off Miranda leaving.

When I got home I was in a good mood so I went over to my phone to call Miranda but I see 8 missed calls from my old friend Stephanie. 

I thought to myself Why would Steph be calling me now? She hasn't called me for forever. 

I pressed her name until I heard that she had answered "Hello?" I say into the speaker slowly, 

"CAITLIN, Good you're alive. I'm having a small get together at Bondi Beach for my birthday, You HAVE to come!" she shouted into the phone. 

"um yeah. When is it?" I stutter.

Stephanie was my best friend until I found out she was just using me to get closer to my boyfriend at the time, Cooper. 

It turned out that Cooper was cheating on me with Steph the whole time. 

I immediately broke up with him and broke the friendship with Stephanie last year, but she hasn't seemed to give up the act yet.

"It's in 1 month, I will text you the deets, BYE BITCH." she squealed. 

I was disgusted; it had been so long since she talked to me and now she was speaking to me like I was one of her minions. 

Seconds after my thought I got a text from Stephanie about all the details of the get together. 

I honestly didn't want to go but at the same time I did so I told my mum and she said yes so all I had to do was wait.

1 week after Miranda moved out, there was an auction. 

A snobby man in a navy blue suit bought the house and I was praying that that man had a 14 year old daughter that wasn't a bitch like Stephanie. 

I know that sounds mean but the things she said to me are worse than that.

"Come downstairs Caitlin! The new neighbors are here!" mum shouted happily from downstairs.

Today was the day that I would finally see who was moving in.