"You appear to watch her quite a lot for somebody who is 'completely uninterested', you know," he said mockingly, making eye contact with Legolas.

The blonde sighed, and began to walk back to the campfire, turning to face Aragorn with an exasperated look on his face.

"I am an elf, she is a human. It would be impossible to have a relationship with her."

"Impossible?" queried Aragorn, a sly smile on his face, "I'm pretty sure elves and humans have similar anatomies, aside from the ears. You know what I'm talking about. All things considered, a 'relationship' seems totally possible to me-"

"You know that's not what I mean!" interrupted Legolas, a shocked expression crossing his elven features, "I would never dare to take advantage of her like that-"

"Take advantage of her?" laughed Aragorn, looking over at you.

You were now mid-fight with three hobbits, Sam had recently joined the battle, and though attackers were coming from three directions, you were holding your own quite nicely.

"You even tried and she'd probably make it certain that you would never, ever be able to have children. Have you ever been kneed in the groin by that girl? It bloody hurts, I'll tell you that..." continued Aragorn, and Legolas winced in sympathy, imagining all to clearly what you were like when you were angry.

"Come on," said the brown-haired man, reaching you at last.

"We're off, (your name)," he said, an evil smile on his face, "How are your legs? We have a long walk ahead of us, you know."

You shook your head at him and started forward, taking a backpack from Legolas and hoisting it up onto your shoulders.

"How's your groin?" you called back to him slyly, and set off into the forest, chuckling to yourself, followed by the rest of the company.

Aragorn grimaced, remembering the pain all-too easily.

"Feisty," he muttered, causing Legolas to look up at him with a questioning gaze, then return his eyes to the path ahead of him, keeping them fixated on the back of your head.

****************************************************

"I'm EXHAUSTED!" moaned Merry, his large hairy feet dragging on the muddy ground.

A noise of exasperated agreement rose from everyone in the group, including you, and Aragorn smiled.

"Alright," he said, placing his bags on the flat, grassy floor, "We can stop here."

"(Your name), could you go and get us some dry wood? I'm going to get a fire going."

"Yeah, no problem," you mumbled, annoyed that you had to get up and walk again after just sitting down.

"Unless, of course, you're not able for it..." teased Aragorn, gesturing to your aching legs with an evil smile on his face.

"I'm able for anything you throw at me, Ranger," you retorted, winking, then walked off into the darkening forest to collect any dry branches you could find, leaving the rest of the Fellowship in the clearing.

Aragorn smirked and watched you go, then walked over to Legolas, who was unpacking the heavy cloth bags, kneeling down on the floor.

"Hey," he said, smirking a little, and kneeling down next to the elf, not allowing him to escape, "So?"

"So what?" asked Legolas, his eyes firmly fixated on the ground.

"So are you going to talk to her?" Aragorn gestured to the group of trees you had just walked into and looked Legolas hard in the eyes.