Chapter 4

Another wave of gasps erupted from the remaining crowd. "Is she insane?!" "He'll kill her mate or no mate!" "Poor girl!" "Will he take her away from the pack?" "She has to reject him." Just the thought of rejecting Gavin made her shake with anger. Her wolf was going crazy wanting nothing more than to kill whoever said that.

Both of Gavin's companions thankfully growled at the pack members that were speaking ill of their Alpha. Her father pulled away from Isabelle. Now, looking at her directly in the eyes. She looked back trying to plead with him using her eyes to let her talk to him.

If she ignored Gavin, worst comes to worst he'd attack and she didn't want anyone to get hurt. She was confident enough to know that Gavin could wipe them out if he wanted to.

"I have to." Isabelle said finally. Her father, however, looked hesitant. "He won't hurt me." She was almost sure of that.

Seconds passed and she was starting to wonder where Gavin was but didn't look away from her father. "Very well." He finally said letting go of her and stepping back.

She felt a surge of relief at this. Though if she was being honest, her confidence was slowly lessening at the thought of her being alone with Gavin. It made her heat pound loudly and felt her wolf surge with joy. It took her father a good minute or two to pry her brothers away from her and another minute to shout an order towards the crowd. Soon, she was left with only her thoughts, her wolf and two of Gavin's men.

One of them cleared their throat. "The Alpha is on his way." It was smooth and intimidating at the same time. Did they all talk like that in the Blood Howlers? We're they always so tough?

"Where'd he go?" Isabelle asked turning towards the two. She was thankful that they had clothes on now.

"To shift. He's having a hard time shifting back since he's still a bit angry." The younger looking one answered sounding amused. "It's taking all of Andy's mind link energy to calm him." He jerked his head towards the older one. Andy was probably only a few years older than him. After careful observation, the man named Andy was most probably the Beta.

"Mason." Andy warned carefully though he smiled warmly at Isabelle.

Isabelle was taken aback by such actions. The two boys certainly weren't barbarians her mind conjured when she thought of Blood Howlers. Of course, she could not deny how intimidating they all were. It was sad to think that people thought of them as uncivilized yet by their looks and smiles it made Isabelle feel like she was the uncivilized one. "He's on his way." Andy assured her.

They were all very young, she realized, probably the same age as Damien which was about twenty five or so, Mason being about nineteen or younger. Gavin, she guessed was most likely in his early twenties. She was at awe at the fact that they were so young yet so powerful.

Both the men straightened suddenly taking a step back. "He's here." Andy told her quietly. They both bowed down in respect towards her before they disappeared into the woods.

Leaving her awkwardly alone, she started sniffing the air. He was indeed close. She could smell it in the air. It was calming her wolf. Gavin's scent was woodsy, the smell of rain and something else, something different yet alluring. Embarrassingly, she didn't realize he was already standing behind her watching her closely with wide gold eyes.

Isabelle blushed feeling shy about getting caught in the act of smelling her own mates scent. She looked away from him, her eyes staring at a branch that was suddenly more interesting than the person in front of her.

Gavin didn't make any move to talk, only looking at her. In normal circumstances, it would have been rude and creepy but Isabelle enjoyed the attention. He was looking at her with so much concentration and awe as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.