Dos

"Hailey, what are you doing?" Again I hear my best friend calling after me.

"I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar, Kate. Don't you see." I point to my new guitar sitting on my lap. After my walk yesterday in the woods, I bought a guitar. Since its an instrument I've been wanting to learn how to play. "I'm telling you, I'm trying to learn and do new things while I'm a living person." I see Kate roll her eyes at me. She thinks I'm crazy with this new idea of mine.

"Alright then." She let herself fall on the small sofa we had in our dorm. I was currently sitting on the computer chair, having a bunch of guitar chords that I didn't understand yet, on the screen of the computer. "You should probably just go to a YouTube tutorial." Kate mentioned.

After an hour and a half of trying, I gave up, for today. All I learned to do was strum down up down up with the A chord. Tomorrow I'm going for the B chord. It should be easier, I hope.

We had a small tv, which we only used when we were extremely bored, we weren't much of tv people. But today was one of those days. We flicked through the many channels there were. Unfortunately, like always, only boring shows were on at this time. Noticing that Kate was on her phone, I turned the tv off and pulled her out of the sofa. "C'mon, we're going a fun hunt."

"No, no. We barely even know this place. We're going to get lost." Kate has never been an outdoor person. She loves everything that has to do with the indoors.

"Getting lost is better than staying in here and never getting to know this place." I pick my keys and phone from the computer desk and open the door. "If you decide to go out, call me and I'll come back for you."

I don't own a car, nor I have money for a bus, my only choice is to just walk around and explore. This is probably the third or fourth time I do this since I started living here in Spanish Fork. So far, it's a nice little city, with great shops and open areas. After all I'm just going to be living here while I study my career. I want to go somewhere outside of Utah, maybe a cold place like Washington or Alaska, both really far from where I am now.

I could easily just sit down on an empty bench in a lonely park and admire the day, but I would rather just keep walking  till I get tired. Kate and I live near down town, the most crowded place in the city, yet a really nice area. I take a walk there and enter in my favorite library. If you're ever with me while I go to the library, good luck, I tend to stay there for hours just looking at all my favorite books.

There this one book of graphic designing that catches my attention. I take it with me to an empty table and take a look at it. There's many drawing techniques in it that I get totally overwhelmed by them. I start tapping my index finger on the table with a certain rhythm as mentally take notes of what I was reading.

"Do you usually do that when you read?" Someone says. I get startled by his voice that I almost drop the book. "Sorry about that." He chuckles, taking a seat in front of me. He doesn't look familiar, I've never seen him around here before.

When he realizes I don't have any intentions of saying anything soon, he introduces himself. "Hi, I'm Matt." His hand extends in front of me. Not to be rude, I shake his hand. It felt awkward for a second since people I've know rarely introduce themselves like this.

"I'm Hailey." I close the book I was reading and hold it in my hands.

"Hailey, that's a pretty name." He smiles. I get chills with his compliment. No one really complimented my name, it was such an overrated one, even I disliked it at times.

"Really? No one has ever said that, excluding my mom." I laugh, trying to hide the chill I got moments ago.

"Really." He assures. "Oh, sorry if I interrupted your reading, you just caught my attention earlier. You can keep reading." I saw that he also had a book with him. I couldn't see the title of it though. 

"Actually, I think I'm going to continue my walking adventure." I stand up, ready to say goodbye to him.

"Walking adventure?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm trying to get familiar with the place, if I'm gonna be here for a long while."

"I can show you around." He puts his book down on the table. "I mean, if you let me."

I didn't know how to react to his offer. He seemed like a nice person, but I wasn't just going to let a stranger take a walk with me. He could be a killer or something.

"Um, I'm actually picking my friend up from her apartment, she's coming along with me." I lie. I didn't want to sound rude by telling him that I didn't want him to come along with me either. "Maybe next time."

"Next time?" When I hear him I realize what I had done. He wore a hopeful expression on his face that made me think I was judging him wrong. "Will you be here any other day? I'm actually coming here Friday to turn in some books."

"Um, sure." I said. I push the chair in and take the book I was looking at. "Going to put this book in its place. Bye" I smile goodbye to him and he does the same, adding a wave of his hand.

Throughout my long walk, I couldn't stop thinking of that guy, Matt, why didn't I accept his offer? He really didn't seem like a bad person. Guess it's too late now. Since I won't be able to go to the library on Friday, my parents are visiting me this weekend.

Oh well.

--------
I have a few ideas for this story, I'm quite excited!

If you're reading this (probably no one) you should check out my Luke Hemmings Fanfiction called ENIGMA :)

Oh btw this won't be a fanfiction, it'll just be a normal story.

Vote/Comment/Share if you like it