seven

"well...thanks," i mumbled, suddenly feeling a bit shy. this stranger knew where i lived now because he offered to walk me home, and i, being me, accepted.

"yeah," he said, giving me a once-over like he'd never see me again. i found that dramatic as well.

i looked him up and down, too, though. he was taller than me by a good two feet or so, the sheets draping over his figure only going down to his upper-calves. what i could see from the holes in his costume was his presumably brown eyes, but i saw under my porch light that they were actually a shade of green. he looked tan, yet i really knew nothing. most of my observations were made in the night, so they could've all been wrong.

and i was never going to found out if i was right.

"goodnight, ghost," i muttered, smiling a tad. i must have looked weird with my makeup.

"goodnight...katrina." he cleared his throat, quickly turning on his heel to walk away. i was kind of glad he didn't see my grin.

"oh, wait!" he turned around at my words. "isn't it actually morning?"

"yeah," he breathed out, itching his head through the sheets. "good morning, katrina."

i smiled wide. it sounded so nice when he said it. i wanted it on a recording. "good morning, ghost."

"see you next halloween?"

i was puzzled, but nevertheless i answered, "um, sure. yeah. next halloween sounds good."

he walked away with a clumsy gait that i hadn't noticed he had.