Chapter 31.

August.

I sat at home and decided how I was going to tell Lani that I met up with Lisha. As I sat there a text from Lani popped up on my phone. I opened it and saw that it was a video so I clicked on it.

"Come on Kennedy you can do it. Say what you just said." Lani cheered as Kennedy gave her a blank stare.

Then she mumbled something.

"M-m-m-mama." She cooed as I busted out laughing in amazement.

I saved the video and called Lani right after.

"Hello?"

"How'd you get her to do it?"

"Do what August?" She laughed.

"Say mama."

"All she needed was some encouragement and I just gave her some time and she said it eventually."

"Wow." I laughed. "I'm about to come see y'all so she better get in the talking mood."

"You are something else Aug. You know that?"

"I know I know." I said nonchalantly making her laugh.

"Before I forget a big brown box should be getting delivered today. Whatever you do don't open it." She warned.

"Why can't I open it?"

"It's my wedding dress."

"Aww don't tell me you think I wanna see your dress."

"You don't want to?"

"No." I laughed. "I wanna be shocked as hell when you walking down the aisle to me."

"Aww that's so sweet but I'm serious don't open the box."

"I won't." I laughed. "Somebody at the door now so I gotta go."

"Okay bye I love you."

"I love you too." I said as I hung up.

I got up and went to the door and there was the delivery man. I signed for the big box as well as the smaller boxes on top of it.

I brought the boxes inside the house and carried them into Lani's closet. I wouldn't dare look at them because I wanted to be surprised and because I knew how crazy she could get.

It might seem impossible but through everything we've been through Lani still finds time to plan this wedding with Cha. The only thing we have to get now is the cake and I will gladly take part in that.

I went back downstairs and grabbed my phone and keys before heading out of the door.

I drove to where Lani and Kennedy were staying and saw them sitting outside.

"Hey baybeh." I said as I kissed Lani.

"Hi lil baybeh." I said as I picked Kennedy up.

"Mama." She said with confidence as I looked at Lani.

"She's been saying it since she learned it." Lani laughed.

"So I met up with somebody earlier." I said as I sat down and put Kennedy on my lap.

"Oh really? Who?"

"Lisha." I mumbled.

"Haha that's funny." Lani laughed as she looked at me.

"I'm serious. She said she wanted to apologize."

"Did she?"

"Yeah but the whole apology was all about her so we ended up getting into an argument."

"Should've taken me with you."

"Why?"

"So I could've mediated some things."

"Based on the way y'all acted yesterday? Nah I don't think that would've been a good idea." I said as Kennedy crawled all over me.

"I didn't do anything to her she came at me the wrong way first."

"I just thought it was better for you to be safe than sorry that you met her."

"I wasn't gonna let her fight me."

"No I wasn't gonna let her fight you."

"Stop talking to me like I can't do anything." She said angrily.

"I didn't say you couldn't. I'm just keeping our baby's best interest in mind."

"And I'm not. Ok." She said as she got up and went into the house.

I sighed knowing I had just messed up. I got up and walked in the house to see Lani sitting on the couch with her leg shaking. I sat Kennedy down on the floor so she could play and sat next to Lani.

"Baybeh I'm sorry." I said as I put my arm around her only for her to move it away.

"Stop treating me like a child."

"I'm not I'm just-"

"You think I'm not thinking about our baby? I wasn't going to fight Lisha. The hell would I look like at 2 and a half months pregnant fighting my fiance's baby mama? I'm not stupid."

"I didn't say you were."

"You didn't say I wasn't either."

"You know what? I regret even telling you about me going to see her."

"So you were going to lie?"

"No."

"You weren't going to tell the truth so what do you call that?"

"Holding back information." I chuckled.

"Get away from me August." She said as she got up and went upstairs.

I picked Kennedy up and sat her on the couch next to me.

"Your mommy's mad at me right now Kennedy what should I do?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Mama?" She asked as she looked at me making me smile.

"Yeah mama." I laughed.

Kehlani.

I sat in the middle of the bed and looked at nothing in particular. I asked myself over and over how I got to this point. I thought I would be living in L.A. making my dreams come true but no that couldn't happen to me. I had to move to New Orleans to be a family with Aug and Kennedy and now I feel like I'm stuck.

I cried harder and harder at the thought of how my life was turning out when heard 3 knocks at the bedroom door. I got up and opened it with tears still in my eyes.

As soon as I opened it I felt Aug's arms wrap around me as I cried harder into his chest.

He said nothing. Just rubbed my back as I weeped like a baby.

This was the moment I knew my life had changed.

-
I'm letting this chapter speak for itself.

How y'all feel about Kennedy starting to talk? Now she's really gonna be spoiled lol.

How about Lani and Aug's relationship?

And the gender of their baby (or babies) is gonna be revealed next chapter so stay tuned.-Shay