Chapter 30.

Before this chapter starts I just wanted to know if y'all wanted a sequel to this book? And if so I have some ideas in mind for it. Okay back to the story!-Shay

Kehlani.

I walked in the house and took my heels off immeadiately. Aug walked around the living room and it was apparent that we were both angry.

The car ride gave us a chance to talk about how happy we were that we had permanent custody of Kennedy but we weren't happy about what Lisha said.

"The bitch got some niggas to try and kill me. All because she wanted to get my baby back." Aug said in a dark tone.

"If I wasn't pregnant I swear I would've-"

"You wouldn't have done anything because I wouldn't have let you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"If Lisha is crazy enough to get people to shoot me I have no doubt she would've tried to get you hurt." Aug said as he sat beside me.

"So what are you trying to say?"

"I'll tell Cha that you not coming to work tommorow. I got something I need you to do."

"Which is?"

I watched as he wrote down a address on a sheet of paper and handed it to me.

"I want you to pack enough clothes,food, and anything else you and Kennedy are going to need for a week and go to the location on the paper."

"Aug you're scaring me why do I have to leave?"

"Just trust me baybeh it's for you and both of my kids own good. I'll come by every night after work to check on you okay?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Okay." I said as I smiled a little.

August.

The next day I woke up I was on a mission. I was going to track down Lisha and ask her why she got someone to shoot me. I looked for her address using her name and that showed me nothing. I looked everywhere I even went and got a phonebook to look through that but still no luck.

Then my phone rang. It was Lisha.

"Hello?"

"Lisha why the hell you calling my phone?"

"August I understand that you're mad but I wanna explain."

"Explain what? Why you had me in the hospital for a week? Or why your ass is crazy enough to hire somebody to shoot the father of your child?" I snarled.

"Well." She cleared her throat. "You make it sound worst than what it really was."

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it. How the fuck I make it sound worst? The bitch tried to kill me.

"August I wanna apologize... for everything. Can we meet up?" She asked.

My first instinct was to say hell no but then I realized I really wanted to hear what she possibly had to say to me.

"Yeah we can meet. In a public place though I'on trust yo' ass." I said as I heard her laugh a little. "That wasn't a joke." I spoke again.

"Sorry." She spoke.

"Meet me in the food court at Oakwood Center at 4." I said before hanging up.

Kehlani.

I pulled up to a small house in the middle of nowhere and checked the paper Aug gave me again.

I got Kennedy out of her carseat as she inspected the house herself.

"Looks like we're gonna be here for a couple of days." I said as she gurgled a couple sounds back to me.

I stepped inside and it looked like a completely different home. There was marble floors, granite countertops, and a beautiful chandelier.

"I should've known to expect the best from your daddy." I said to Kennedy as she started laughing.

I turned on the light switch and the house looked even prettier than before.

I put down Kennedy's carseat and carried her out with me onto the deck in the backyard. She loved the house just as much as I did because she wouldn't stop laughing.

After we got settled in I called Aug and told him we were there safely and he asked if I liked it.

"Aug this house os amazing. Why didn't you tell me you had it?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise for after we got married but I had to send you and Kennedy there now." He sighed.

"It's okay babe I still love it." I reassured him.

"Good. I have to go now I'll call you back later. I love you."

"I love you too." I said as I hung up the phone.

August.

I sat at a table in the food court and decided to stop at Chipotle to get a burrito while I waited for Lisha.

Just as I was finishing it I heard the clicking of heels getting closer to me. As I turned around I saw her.

"Hi August thanks again for meeting with me." She sighed as I said nothing.

"I know you're mad but I wasn't in my right state of mind. Me and my ex had just broken up and I didn't know what to do. I felt so alone and I wanted my baby with me. So I tried my best to hurt you and I'm sorry for that." She confessed as I stared blankly at her.

"Why you always trying to play the victim?"

"What do you mean?"

"You just sat there and gave the most conceited apology I have ever heard. Not once did you say 'I can't imagine the pain that you felt laying in that hospital bed that I put you in August.' You didn't say that, all you had to say was how you were going through things as if I wasn't. Lisha get the fuck outta here." I said as I smacked my lips.

"I knew trying to make things right was a mistake as soon as I called you. Bitch ass nigga." She snarled.

"Lisha don't make me go to jail today 'cause I swear I will."

"Goodbye August." She said as she glared at me before getting up.

I don't know what's gonna happen next but I'm ready for anything at this point.

-

2 chapters in one day? Yasssss lol

I officially hate Lisha lol

Was Aug right for talking to her like that?

Was Lisha right for trying to apologize?

Do you think Aug should've sent Lani and Kennedy somewhere else?

Let me knowwwwww!!-Shay