1st Band Practise

It's Saturday, bank holiday... Just for today, I'm allowed to miss all my lessons which consists of Talent School, Swimming and Languages. This leaves today completely free to practise with my friends!

Half and hour later, we're in the Music Room 7. You can almost feel the excitement in the air, how often was it that you could audition for a competition? You may not understand the meaning of friendship but I guess we all do, we understand each other and share the same dreams. This is just the start!

We start by warming up, we play random keys that fit nicely into a harmony. Bee and Amy are on their flutes, Storm and Neon on the pianos and Leah are on her recorder. Chloe tuned her voilin as I grab my guitar and strumed a couple of notes, warming up.

We were told that on our Audition, we had to show that we had musical abilities. They wouldn't tell us anymore than that. After a couple of mintes warming up I realised something,

"Umm, guys? What are we supposed do?" I actually had no clue. We turned to look at each other for clues but was only answered with completely blank faces. This was so funny, we all burst out laughing!

"Maybe we're supposed to be paying a song and the judges test to see how well our music goes together, you know that kind of thing..." Leah offered.

Then we all fought for our favourite songs. I sat back and watched the commotion, they were all  shouting songs that they loved. I considered this, I hated arguments so I was thinking of an alternate route around the rules.

"Eureka, I've got it!" I cried, jumping up from my seat! Everyone froze and turned their eyes on me. It was silent as they waited for me to carry on.

After a couple of akwarde silences, "Aren't you going to run around the town naked then?" Chloe joked after that Greek philosopher that jumped from his bath to let the town know of his fantastic idea. We all cracked up imagining it. 

"So what is this Fabtastic Idea then?" Neon asked. They were all curious.

"Well," I said it was terrific teasing them, "we all have our favourite songs that we want to play right?" They all noded. They were desperate to win the Audition with their own special song. "Why don't we play all of our songs but in one song."

They all shook their heads, "The song has to be quite short, 5 minutes tops." Amy spoke for all of them. I wasn't finished yet,

"Exacly, so your best songs have a reason why it is so special so why don't we..." No one knew what I was getting at-drum roll please-, "COMPOSE our song!" They all looked suprised with their idea but they seemed to like it. A lot.