Draw Dragon Dot Eyes

Sung-Yow had a secret.

He could paint a picture and make it come to life! This only happened, however, when the picture was finished. For he drew quite a few things. From fish, birds, and even insects, but the thing he loved to draw most were dragons.

However, because he could make them come to life, Sung-Yow never dotted in their eyes. For if they came to life, who knows what destruction they could cause. This way, he could also hide his secret. Then one day Sung-Yow was summoned to the palace. For the king heard great things about his drawings of dragons.

Sung-Yow took four of his best dragons and headed off the palace. Before entering the riches of the palace doors, he took a look at the paintings.

"I hope he won't mind if the dragon's eyes aren't there," he said to himself.

As he took a deep breath and entered the palace, one of the servants asked who he was. Sung_yow introduced himself, and the servant led him to the king. When they entered the throne room, the king gave a smile to Sung-Yow. Sung-Yow bowed before the royalty in front of him.

"Your Highness," he said, "You wished to see my paintings of the mythical creature of dragons?"

"Ah yes!" the king said, "For I've heard from many painters that your drawing was exponential! May I see the scrolls in your arms?"

Sung-Yow gave the servant his four drawings, and the servant gave them to the king. The king hmm-ed and ah-ed which gave Sung-Yow a bit more self esteem. When the king handed the servant the scrolls, he looked at Sung-Yow. A huge, bright, smile on his face.

"Your dragons remind me of when I was a child, young man," he said, "I'd like you to draw these dragons on the wall of a school near the palace. I'm sure the children would admire a bit of fantasy in their school!"

Sung-Yow let out a breath he was holding and thanked the king.

For the next three days, Sung-Yow was painting the dragons on the school's wall. Many of the art teachers admired the childish drawings, and even asked Sung-Yow how they looked so real yet so childish.

"It's a secret," he told them, "And a good artist never reveals their secrets."

As the paintings were near done, Sung-Yow nearly forgot that he had to leave out the eyes. When the colorful scales were done, he almost dotted the eyes with the ebony black ink. He stopped himself when he thought about what could happen to the school. He didn't want that to happen.

He put his paintbrush back in the little tin cup he brought and packed up his things.

Many times, the teachers saw that the eyes weren't drawn in, they always asked Sung-Yow why they weren't dotted in.

"If I dot them in, they'll come to life," he'd always say, "I don't want to harm the children."

They always looked at him oddly, until one day one of the art teachers started insulting Sung-Yow.

"You should always complete your drawings," he said, "Even if they scare the children, you mustn't let that incompletion get to you. I think the king was blinded, at the time he summoned you!"

Sung-Yow became so infuriated that, out of anger, he dotted in the eyes of the dragons. Just then, a storm filled the sky. Boom! Crack! Shing! The dragons came to life. They had the fury of Sung-Yow in their eyes. They started to destroy the school, and before anyone got hurt, they evacuated the building.

The next day, Sung-Yow was summoned to the palace. He had a feeling that he'd be killed for his wrong doing's. The dragons nearly destroyed half of the town. They were gone, somewhere along the walls of nature. He entered the dim and dull aura of the crowded room. He looked down as he came in front of the king.

"Sung-Yow," he said, solemnly, "Your secret......"

"I know, Your Highness," he replied, "It nearly destroyed the town, because of my ignorant anger. I know what you're going to d-"

The king silenced him with one hand, and went off his throne. He put his hand on Sung-Yow's shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"Your gift is special, Sung-Yow," he said, "Don't let others influence your work in a bad way. I know that you had some sort of gift, when I saw that you left out the eyes of the dragons."

Sung-Yow looked at the king confused.

"Your Highness?" he said.

"You are forgiven, Sung-Yow. Even though many might disagree, I will find a way to fix the homes. I may even ask for your amazing artistic skills to help."

Sung-Yow, relieved of the forgiveness, smiled and nodded quickly.

As the years went by, the people began to like the art style of Sung-Yow. They were no longer afraid of the dragons popping out and attacking them. In fact, some even asked if a few of the animals he drew came to life. If the animal was harmless, he smiled and painted in the eyes of the animal.

Sung-Yow was known as an amazing artist, with a very famous secret.

K.C.T: So what did you guys think? Not my usual style of writing, but I was so inspired by this Fable that I thought that I'd write more Fables and Morals from around the world. Again, these will be for kids too, so there will be no blood or gore. Anyways, I really can't wait to write more! <3