The Calm Before the Storm

JERMEY'S P.O.V.

"So what you're telling me, is that my brother hurt Lexi?" I asked Erik as we stood outside at his car smoking.

"Yeah, and man, if it wasn't your brother, I'd fucking kill him."

"Man if you want to kill him, go for it." I said glaring at the ground.

"Something needs to be done about Evan." Erik said throwing his cigarette onto the ground.

"Then let's do something." I said, taking another drag off of my cigarette.

He just stood there and shook his head. He looked miserable, like he didn't know what he was going to do. He's looked like this since he did whatever it was that Evan had him do. He finally looked up and spoke. "I wish there was something we could do." He paused for a minute, before looking at me with alarm in his eyes. "You don't think he'd rape Lexi do you?"

I thought about it for a moment, before saying "Honestly, I don't think he would."

Erik just shook his head, "How can you know that though, I mean he did go to prison for rape."

"Erik, dude, calm down. First of all, I know what my brother went to prison for. Second of all, I don't think he'd rape her, because he knows that if he can get her to go to bed with him willingly, that it would hurt you more."

"Why the fuck does he want to do this to me though? What the fuck have I ever done to him?" Erik suddenly yelled.

I grabbed his shoulders, in an attempt to calm him down. "Erik, you've got to stop. Yelling and screaming about ti isn't goingt to help anything."

"Then what is? Huh?" He suddenly yelled at me. "You didnt' have to give up the person you cared the most about. You didnt' have to give up the one good thing in your life. The one thing you did right."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, staring at my best friend.

"I had to break up with Lexi, because your dick of a brother threatened to have her killed if I didn't." He stepped closer to me, knowing we were being watched, he pretended to be handing me another cigarette. "You might want to go through Stacey's room, because your brother had me set up all kinds of video cameras and mics in there the other day."

"And you did it?" I asked, my voice tense, but still playing along.

"What choice did I have Jermey?" He shook his head, "It's either Stacey or Lexi, and as much as I care about Stace, Lexi will always be my first choice. That and I knew I could tell you about it before any serious damage was done."

"When did you set them up?" I asked stepping back.

"Yesterday morning." He said in a low voice.

I just nodded and looked at him. I was pissed. I mean I guess I understand why he did it, becasue let's be honest I would choose Stacey over Lexi anyday. I guess that's just the way we think. "So you broke up with Lex huh?"

He nodded, still glaring at the ground. "I fucked her the other day though."

"Really, Erik, right after she was with my brother."

"I thought about that too, I wasn't too worried though."

I just shurgged as I watched my friend worry about things that he had no real control over. I learned that a long time ago. Evan was always in charge.

STACEY'S P.O.V.

I sighed as I looked at the crying girl on the couch. I was worried about Lexi, I don't think she should have ever gotten involved with Evan. Poor Erik, I wonder how he must feel.