Beautiful Broken Rules (0)

I stared down at the picture on my cell phone and tried not to remember the memories behind it. It was a little small, far away picture that was sort of blurry and could only been seen if you zoomed in on it but it meant something to me. It was something special that held a place in my heart. Or, used to hold a place in my heart.

My heart was filled with an excruciating pain I'd never felt like before. I'd been stabbed once with a knife but even that pain wasn't as bad as the pain I was feeling now just by looking at the photo on my screen. I quickly flicked to the next picture and repeated the process all over again. Why was I doing this to myself? Why was I making my heart ache ten times worse? He had probably moved on so why couldn't I? Maybe it was the fact that I loved him and thought he returned the feelings but he didn't. 

This one was an up close picture. I remembered the day we took it. We were at the beach watching the sun go down. I had wanted to see the sunset myself because I had always seen it on pictures and never in real life. So he took me to the beach and promised me we'd stay the entire day until the sun went down and the stars came out.

What an idiot I was that day. I thought I loved him at that moment and so I gave him something every girl cherished. I gave him my virginity and two weeks later he dumped me for some girl he knocked up two months earlier? How fucked up was that? I gave the bastard two years of my life and this was how he repaid me?

I felt like bashing his head against a wall and hurting that girl he got pregnant so bad that she wouldn't even have the baby and suffer a miscarriage instead but came to my better senses. I couldn't be mad at the wicked child. I could only be mad at the girl and him. I had no one to blame but myself. I should have seen the signs but I was a love-sick fool. I didn't think he could do anything wrong. In my eyes, he was prince charming. He was my frog prince, he was the beast to my Belle and he was my knight in shining armor. 

I looked up at the only boy I could never be mad at. My real knight in shining armor. I couldn't believe it took me 14 years to realize Harvey; my best friend, was my knight in shining armor. Harvey wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. I didn't resist him because I needed the comfort and cried onto his chest. I knew I had soiled his shirt but at that moment I didn't care and I didn't think Harvey did either.

I looked into Harvey's neon blue eyes. Harvey was a really attractive boy for his age. He'd never had any break-outs. I'd always seen him with a clean, acne-free face and he had dimples in his cheeks that became visible every time he smiled or laughed. They made him adorable. Usually,  Harvey's eyes always smiled whenever they saw me but right now they weren't smiling. They were looking down at me with sadness. 

I didn't want pity from anyone, especially Harvey but I knew he would give me pity whether I wanted it or not. That was just the type of guy he was.

Harvey continued to make small little circles on my back as I cried silently to myself. "I know it hurts Olivia. I know, but you are the strongest girl I know. I have faith that you'll bounce back to your chippy self in no time. I just know you will." He said.

"Thanks Harvey." I softly spoke and wrapped my arms around him even tighter. 

"You have to forget about Aimee. I know she was your best friend but just remember that you always have me. I mean, you don't have to worry about me sleeping around with your boyfriend. I'm not a girl so I can't get pregnant and the boys you date aren't really my type." He said and I laughed a little.

"I know they aren't. You guy for the quiet guys. Maybe I should go for the quiet, nerdy guys too. Maybe then I won't get my heart broken." I said.

Harvey didn't say anything for a while. He just rubbed my back in a loving manner. 

"Yeah, I think you're right."