She draws out a breath as she says, "it was... eventful. What about you?"

I completely ignore her questions as I ask another question, "bad eventful or good eventful?"

I feel like there is something off when she says that it was eventful. I don't know why. Maybe because her voice wasn't really cheery? I have got no clue.

"Not so bad eventful," she shrugs as a little smile reappears on her face. "But I think it might end in a very cheerful kind of eventful."

She has me grinning at that. With a light laugh, I say, "I'll make sure that happens, love."

Her smile only widens, and I'm fully aware that it's because of calling her 'love'. I would honestly say that my accent kind of helped me on this one, but I don't want to sound like an asshole, so I will just settle down on it being a real ass Tommo effect.

I push my childish thoughts away as I listen to her when she says, "do you have any siblings?"

I kind of hoped that we would late that to after the meal, but since it's Tallulah's request, I will gladly talk about it any time.

"Ah, I have seven of them." I announce, rolling my eyes at the mention of those troublemakers.

"Wow," she chuckles. "How do you deal with them?"

"Well, I kind of leave that to my mother," I say, eyes wide at the horror of dealing with them. "God knows we will burn down the whole town if we so much as tried to fight or argue."

"What?" Tallulah questions.

"What?" I ask back, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You just said G—never mind." She shakes her head as she smiles again.

I smile back as I say, "what about you? Any siblings?"

She nods her head, "one younger brother, his name is Cronan."

"Cronan, huh?" I say, smirking.

"Yeah," she says proudly. "He's so sweet."

"I bet he is," I smile as the diner appears in front of us. "That's it."

Tallulah eyes the diner with a small smile adorning her face before saying, "it looks so nice."

"Eh," I shrug. "It's not that bad."

Her eyes flicker back to mine before she smiles and drags me down the street to the diner. Once we are inside, we head for the furthest table in the diner, and I'm glad we do. I tilt my head towards the seat to Tallulah as she slides in and sits down and I sit down next to her, not in front of her.

I have this theory that what remain from people are the feelings that they used to give you in their presence, not their looks. Because to me, feelings are much deeper and stronger, they never leave and they never seem to fade away, and all I want to feel right now, is Tallulah's presence next to me, for I know that when the date is over and she leaves, I will still feel her presence next to me as if she has never left.

Both of our thighs press against each other, making me feel her radiated heat, making me relax. As I look at her, I notice her flushed cheeks as she continues looking everywhere but my eyes. I lick my lips before biting down on my lower lip as I try to suppress the grin and the chuckle that threatens to go out.

Resting my elbow on the table, I place my cheek against my palm as I smile over to Tallulah with a sigh. Her eyes finally meets mine and they do nothing but pour into mines, which is fine by me. Did I mention how big and rounded her eyes are? How ocean-blue they are? How perfectly had they captivated me?