One more try. (Part 2)

Several years had passed and you just arrived in the airport of San Fransokyo.

In your stay in New York, you actually find it quite good to stay there. The people were nice and your cousins threw you a party the moment you arrived. It made you happy yes, but did it made you forget about Hiro? Not so much.

The whole time you were in New York you were basically working your butt off. A job here and there, volunteer work--almost everything, you did just to forget about Hiro, but did it work? Yes. But only a little.

Every night you end up dreaming about him. Whether it's a flashback of all your memories together or a new dream, he's still in it.

You then pulled your phone and called your dad once again. He was supposed to fetch you hours ago, but your'e still standing at the entrance of the airport.

Tired of waiting, you finally decided to leave and just go home by yourself. You then started walking, but to your dismay, you bumped into someone.

You waited for an impact--to fall on the floor, but it never came. Instead, you saw two arms wrapped around you and saved you from falling into the cold tiled floor.

"I'm very so-" You were about to say sorry when you stopped yourself from talking. You were surprised to see him again. After so many years, and he still had that effect on you.

The effect of making your heart leap and pound from joy.

It was Hiro, but he was taller and was more well-built. He still got that messy raven hair and tooth gap of his, but you have to admit, it did made him look cuter.

Mentally cursing yourself for being clumsy again and for checking Hiro out, you muttered a small thank you, but it was loud enough for Hiro to hear, and it made him smile.

Hiro let go of you and helped you stand up on your feet.

"Uh...I better go my dad--" You were stopped mid-sentence by Hiro.

"Isn't coming. He suddenly got busy at work and I volunteered to fetch you imstead." Hiro explained.

"Oh. That's why..." You thought.

"So, uh...let's get going." Hiro said. You just nodded in reply, as you averted your gaze at him.

-----

"Photo! Photo! Everybody say (Y/N)!" Honey Lemon said as she motioned everyone for a group selfie.

Even though years went by, the gang  is still well--being theirselves. Honey still loves chemistry, and ended up teaching it at a school. GoGo is still acting like a daredevil, riding her magnetic suspension bikes in such great speed. Wasabi is still a neat freak, and he still freaks out when a speck of dust is near.
Fred is still, well, the comic guy with an enormous mansion.

"(Y/N)!!!" The gang shouted, while you just gave a lopsided smile for the picture.

"Well this looks good as well! But Wasabi, you needed to let go of the serious look." Honey Lemon joked, which made everyone laugh.

You were at your own house, and was surprised by the gang. They actually bothered to throw a party for your arrival. The party lasted till night. Of course, this made you happy, but when Honey told you that Hiro organized the whole thing, your heart started pounding hard against your chest again.

"Stupid heart. Stop pounding hard for Hiro." You thought as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Well, since we all have fun playing games and eating, how about we hit the hay?" Fred asked.

All nodded in agreement. Except for one.

"Nah, I'll stay here for a while." Hiro said, fiddling with the hem of his hoodie. Even after many years, he still wears his dark blue hoodie.

"O--kay. Bye (Y/N)! Bye Hiro!" Homey Lemon said as she went out of the house with the others in tow.

"Don't be to hard on (Y/N), Hiro! She still probably is jet-lagged!!" Fred shouted as he got into Wasabi's car.

This made you blush a bit, but unbeknownst to you, Hiro is blushing as well.

As the gang finally went home, leaving you alone with Hiro, you can't help but feel nervous and giddy. You were debating yourself if you should hang out with him or to sleep instead.

Since you two were outside, it was a little chilly and was quiet. And it made you want to sleep more.

"So...uh, how's New York?" You heard Hiro suddenly asked that you jumped in surprise. You were so deep in thought about what you are going to do, but it seems that Hiro wanted to stay with you for a while.

"Uh...I-it's fine. I'm with my cousins after all." You said, mentally cursing at yourself for stammering in front of Hiro.

Hiro looked at you while you looked at other things besides him. Hiro was admiring how you still managed to look cute even doing things. He also noticed everything about you.

In fact, he knew everything about your life. Even after you left San Fransokyo. He kept contacting your parents on how you are doing and what is happening to you in New York.

"How's life being a forensic specialist?" Hiro asked.

You stared at him, looking at his golden brown eyes, you answered his question.
But underneath all your seriousness, you felt butterflies swarm in your stomach.

"Well, gathering evidences and interrogating suspects sure is fun, but returning home is better." You say, as a smile crept to your face.

Now that smile of yours made Hiro smile as well. Of course, he loved seeing you smile, but the best part is, your'e smiling with him.

"Say, (Y/N)..."

"What?" You say, looking up to the night sky, admiring the stars.

"Tell me more about New York. And did you have boyfriends while staying there?" Hiro asked suddenly.

"You really have to say 'boyfriends'?" You ask, looking at Hiro with a 'Really?' look.

"What? I wanted to know more about your life." Hiro said, staring at the sky as well. He really did know everything about you, except your love life. And that is why he's asking you all these questions.

"Well, I never engaged a relationship with someone." You admitted, which made Hiro happy, yet at the same time confused.

"Why?" Hiro asked.

"Because I was never ready." You say, as you looked down at your feet. "I probably might not be ready into relationships my whole life." You continued.

That made Hiro frown. You may not notice it, but after those words came out of your mouth, Hiro was shocked, and he was hurt.

"Oh...why do you think that?" Hiro asked, covering his sadness with a fake smile.

"Because I'm me. I cannot do anything right." You say, frowning. Hiro noticed your sudden change of mood, and decided to lift your spirits back up.

Coincidentally, the speakers you used earlier for the party suddenly played a slow song. A song about love. You may not notice it, but Hiro grinned when he heard the music and got an idea.

"Hey, since it's still a party, with just you and me, let's dance shall we?"