12.

noah and i dodge awkward questions from jace during his visit, such as 'marge, what do you like most about noah?' or 'noah, how well can maggie sing? did she let you listen to her? ah, man'. although sometimes he had a questioning look on his face when we responded, he didn't jump to any conclusions about our fictional relationship.

he announces that he and noah have to go, noah with a confused look on his face. noah looks at him then at me with a smile. he stands and wraps his arms around me. i return the kiss that he had given to me earlier, jace watching every gesture we make.

he smiles at me as he waves, heading up the stairs with jace. i push the flyaways of my hair away from my face and adjust my braids as i walk upstairs from the basement to the living room. xander and nate sit on the loveseat, probably planning their next youtube video.

"hey, how'd it go?" nate asks, lowering the laptop lid.

"pretty good. jace didn't suspect a thing, at least i don't think he did," i respond, sitting down on the ottoman.

"yeah? how's noah? was it awkward?" xander chimes in, leaning forward.

"uh, he's cool. it was more than awkward down there. y'know, making up fake stories about our fake relationship so your jace didn't suspect anything, with a boy i barely know," i retort.

xander smiles and nods.

"you'll probably get to know him sooner or later. or over the amount of time it takes for jace to dump isabela," he suggests, standing up and walking toward the door.

i nod back in response.

"see you guys," xander says before leaving.

nate leaves the room so i turn on tv. it directs me to nickelodeon.

"new couple alert! jace norman and isabela moner, and quite frankly, we are loving them!" the announcer says. a picture of the couple appears on tv, which brings me to change channels.

i don't feel jealous or frustrated. i feel confident. confident that'll i'll get him back soon.

--