01 - Chapter One - Thanatos Alexander's Point Of View.

I stood up and began to speak to my people, I am just a prince but I have duties, I am a leader. I had to abandon my mate long ago, he was just a baby but he belonged to me. He was the holder of my soul. I have made no moves to contact him or be in his life since I left. I refused to put him in danger.

"Welcome, My name is Prince Thanatos, I will be instructing you today, "

I hated training our clan’s warriors, they were always like animals to me. I didn't want to be an animal trainer any longer. I closed my eyes and let my mind wander as the warriors got into proper training clothing.

My mate was so young the last time I saw him, he was a baby and I tried my best to be there for him but I couldn't put him in danger. The clans of vampires are fighting over land, we only have so much land and they are fighting over small unclaimed bits of land.

" Is everyone ready to begin?" I asked

" Yes, your highness,” A crowd of voices said all at once.

I began to train them in hand to hand combat, My butler interrupted and handed me a letter. The writing was one I knew very well. It was Luna Quinn Dawson, My mates Mother.

" You are all excused for this lesson, I have to be somewhere, Excuse me," I said, as I walked away, the cheers of happiness would be short-lived because they would have one of my brothers or a high ranking warrior train them in my leave.

I walked upstairs and opened the letter with a letter cutter. I opened the letter and noticed the writing was the same as all the notes in my drawer. Why hadn't I just gone to visit him, he surely would feel the bond. His wolf would tell him we were mates, I would understand if he rejected me instantly.

I hadn't been the greatest mate, I had been a terrible mate but he was young and I wanted him to be safe. I remember a conversation I had with Quinn's father about taking Forest when he was 16, the more I thought about it the more I felt wrong. It has eaten away to me for years. I read the note from Quinn.

Dearest Thanatos,

How have you been, It's been almost 15 years since you saw Forest, Kane has told forest about you, about how much you cared for him. Forest has shifted and he knows you are his mate. He doesn't really understand why you left, none of us do. this will probably sit in your drawer like the others I have sent you. Don't you dare ignore this letter, you are my child's Mate and I will hunt you down Thanatos. Come visit your mate, he grows bitter towards you every day. He may never forgive you. I don't think Kane will forgive you now either, but that is with great Understanding. take care and get your royal arse here.

Luna Dawson.

my mate knows I am his beloved what will happen if he were to see me. Quinn has seen what I do with his letters. I am glad he sees I haven't stopped listening to him. I packed a bag of simple clothing and grabbed my car keys, I would have to take my car because I wasn't Flash running in the snow.

I walked to my parent’s throne room and knocked.

"Enter Thanatos,” My father said smiling when he saw me.

"Merry evening my son,” My mother said

"Merry evening Mother and Father,” I said, bowing my head to show some respect.

"What do you need from us Thanatos, You don't visit us without a reason." My father said.

"I am leaving this evening, I’m going to Alpha Kane’s pack to visit my mate. He knows of me and I wish to see him truthfully."

" We are in the middle of a war Thanatos, Think wisely, but you don't listen anyway so do what you wish Thanatos,” My Father said, his face held an unpleasant look.

" Go Thanatos, go see your mate, your father and I can handle things around here"

" Thank you mother, father,” I said

"Take care, be safe my son,” My parents said at the same time.

I left the throne room and walked to my car starting it and pulling out of the grounds of my home. I would soon see how much my mate had grown in 15 years, I would have to seek forgiveness with them before I would try to even make Forest understand.