My partner

The graduation is getting nearer and nearer...Christmas vacations also over now... Everybody is so busy with the upcoming events. First the Junior and Senior prom. the seniors night ,the graduation ball and of course the graduation day as well.

The rule for choosing a prom date is new for us, since our prom is held only a year gap after another. It is not yearly event for school. And for the boys and girls, we were given a chance to create a bracelet that will be given to our partners and will serves as our sign to others that we already have chosen a partner. It is not an accessory to worn of,it is just to avoid competition among students.

While was walking down the aisle I saw josh talking to Andrea Tan. Our school majorette. They were former classmates that's why they"re close to each other. But what I saw really makes my chest hurts. He wrapped a bracelet for our prom to Andrea. Meaning, he wants her to be his partner in prom. Not me,so I run through the hallway without looking in front. Then I bumped into this friend of mine who is a gay. Then I decide to ask him to be my partner, since he's a gay, I will be more comfortable rather than choosing a man.

We wrapped the bracelet we made to each other and bid goodbye.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, while i was walking,someone just grab my wrist so thigh. As I turn around I saw josh grinning his teeth and full of rage. I calm myself not to get irritated with violent actions.

Me"what's with you today? Can you please let my hand go, you might ruin the bracelet"

Josh "Ill destroy it, who says you can accept someone's offering to be your partner, I must be your partner and no one else."

(I feel small butterflies in my tummy but manage to remember why i did it)

Me" No one has a power over me of choosing whom i want to be with on the first place,secondly you already have a partner right? So what's with that rage?

Josh "I still haven't ask any girl to be my date because i was really hoping that you already reserved a slot for me. But since you have chosen someone over me, then I'd rather ask Andrea then. Bye."

I was really shock of what I've heard. He didn't ask Andrea yet. And i was suppose to be his partner yet I already have chosen mine.