"Darren..." The other wolf says, closer now. Just Darren sighs and I'm being passed into the other wolfs arms. I relax slightly, now further away from the Alpha. Then we start moved and I'm being carried back into the house. Ugh.

My side flares up again and I squirm a bit. I hadn't felt it before my run.

"Luna, why are you scared of us? We won't hurt you." The man says softly as he carries me into the house.

"Why haven't... you killed me?" I ask in return, the question on my mind though my voice coming out shaky. Trying to work on my speech, I hadn't spoken in so long. "And why... are you calling me Luna? Is that not what the... Alpha female is called?"

"Do you know what mates are?" The man counters with another question.

I frown as the word brings up a bad memory. "No." I never got the definition.

He sighs. "That explains it." He mutters.

"Explains what?" I ask, by now I am so confused I just wish I could read his mind to get answers.

"A mate is the person you're destined to be with." The man explains and I automatically stiffen, waiting for the rogues and the angry alpha. But none of it comes. He opens his mouth to continue but I interrupt.

"There's... No rogues." I frown suddenly. I roll out of his arms and land on the ground on my bottom. I stand up shakily and take small steps as I look around trees. My side hurt, but not as much anymore. "Where are they?"

"What are you talking about Blaire?" Just Darren asks, his voice laced in confusion.

"Last time..." My speech I could tell is really not up to par, as I seem to forget how to word my sentence.

"What do you mean last time little one?" Just Darren asks, coming up beside me as I stop looking. I lean away from him, taking a few steps away.

"When momma... tried to explain... The rogues." I whimper, pulling at my hair as the memory hits my mind hard.

"Woah, woah," Just Darren wraps his arms around me, I am not even in the right mind, I don't push him away. "It's okay Blaire-Bear, it's okay." He runs his hands up and down my back soothingly and slowly I calm down.

"Can you tell us what happened?" The other man asks behind us.

"At... House?" I say quietly.

"Home." Just Darren corrects. "At home."

I walk this time, walking between the two men. I still feel scared, but less now. Just Darren hasn't hurt me yet, the ginger man hasn't either. They both are kind to me and walk at my slow pace. But I cannot trust they won't hurt me in the future.

After we're inside, Just Darren wraps me in a blanket. It covers my bare legs and I can't help but feel relieved.

"Just Darren?" I ask, deciding I'm brave enough to ask. The ginger man laughs at me and I frown.

"No, Blaire, it's not Just Darren, it's Darren." He says simply. "But what is it?"

"Can I... Drink?" I frown, that didn't sound right. "Can I have a drink?" I rephrase, smiling to myself knowing I got that one right. My mind was still in the dialogue of my seven year old self who even then just rather spoke through my mind link.

"How long has it been since you last spoke?" The ginger asks curiously.

"Many moons." I reply. "Last time was... Was when rogues came."

"I'll get you a drink." Darren says, leaving and soon coming back with a glass of water. I take it and sip the liquid happily. Darren hasn't hit me yet, maybe I can escape later since he is so nice.

"What is... Your name?" I ask the ginger man.

"I'm Beta Erik. Just call me Erik though." The ginger smiles.

I offer a small smile back. "I am... Beta daughter."

"Really?" Erik asks, surprise flickering across his face. "Who's your father?"

I don't answer. I didn't want to talk about it right now. I didn't want to talk about the bad memories or James.

Instead, I close my eyes. I didn't wish to speak to anyone. It's frustrating because it's so difficult. I can't form proper sentences, some words I doubt I can even pronounce. It had been eleven years... Eleven years of being a rogue.

Darren reaches out a hand and I cringe away. He sighs and pulls his hand back. "How old are you?"

"Eighteen." I reply quietly, trying to sink away from him in my seat.

"I think I'll call my mate in..." Erik says, his eyes clouding over.

Darren looks at me, sad blue eyes focus on mine. "We'll get you all cleaned up."

What's that supposed to mean?