0.7 betrayal from beyond the city

This story begins with a girl. Your typical teenage girl, with a talent and great friends. Her junior end of year trip to Spain was coming up, but Maya couldn't afford it. So instead of asking others she used her talent to earn her way to Spain.

With an open guitar case, to house the crumpled dollar bills and dimes she received for her ballads. But one day of singing along all the busy commotion in town square changed Maya's path forever. When a phone number and a business card was tossed into her guitar case. Let's continue the story, in Maya's point of view.

Maya

Truthfully I was very excited, leaving my small apartment in New York for a beachside flat in California. Town square, where my singing was captured into a studio. But I couldn't of done it without that one business card. "Sweetie are you almost ready to go?" My mother hollered down the hall at me. "Yep mom just let me zip up my suitcase!"

Once we arrived at the airport I saw all 4 of my friends walking towards me, normally I would run but as a star in the making I must keep my image I thought. Oh screw it, as I let my feet carry me to them. Creating small talk we were interrupted. "Flight 432 to LAX, now boarding." That was my flight. I knew it was know time to say goodbye. The four of them stood in a line facing me.

First Zay, we hugged and said we'd miss each other and that we would keep in touch and see one another soon. It was your brief goodbye simple but meaningful.

Next was Farkle, going in for a hug he said "Maya I'm so proud of you, and I'm going to miss you." "I'm going to miss you too Farkle, keep ruling the world. Call me when ever" I chuckled

Now Riley, Her mascara was running down her face as she said how proud she was of me and how much she was going to miss me. "Riles, stop crying you're going to make me cry. Thank you for always believing in me. I'm going to fly you out to see my once I get settled in. Love you."

Last but certainly not least was Lucas. For a few moments we just stood there looking into each other's eyes. "Maya just let me hug you." He said, as he embraced me in his arms I felt weak in the knees. Ever since I fell for Lucas at the end of year trip in Spain I'd wanted to tell him and now was my chance.
I whispered in his ear "Huckleberry, I'm head over heels into you." And I kissed him on the cheek.

Before we could even begin to finish our goodbye we were interrupted. "Last call for flight 432, to LAX last call." I let go turning away grabbing my suit case and hugged my mother. While walking down the terminal I heard everyone saying good bye, and Lucas calling my name asking me to wait. But it was too late I was gone.

A few months later after I had settled into Los Angles, and my career was in full swing. Working on my first album and had played quite a few shows. My fan base growing, and as a young artist it was going smoothly. Riley was flying in for a few days and then I was flying back to play a gig in New York.

Riley

Lucas and I had grown close again and as did my feelings for him, since Maya left. I stood in my room packing the last few things I need to go to LA.

Someone knocked on my door, as I opened it Lucas walked in. "Hey Riles, I know you're going to see Maya and I was wondering if you could give this to her." He said handing my a small letter with her name sprawled across it.

"Of course Lucas!" I said smiling. Even though I was sceptical of what was written in the letter so I told him I had to finish packing and he should leave.
Once he left I opened the letter. Carefully I read it. I made a decision that Maya was not going to get that letter, so I tossed it under my bed. And made my way to the airport.

Maya

To not go into detail Riley and I shared a lot of laughs, tears and great memories while she was here. But now we were headed to New York for my gig at Madison Square Garden.

My security walked with Riley and I through JFK to my taxi, upon arriving at the Matthews residence where they had kindly agreed to let me stay for the next few days, I began to get comfortable in her bedroom.

Riley wasn't at home, she was working her shift at a local pizzeria and I was stuck twiddling my thumbs with not much to do before the concert. I got up and started pacing around the bedroom  thinking about what I could do, suddenly something caught my eye. It was an envelope with my name written across it. I bent down carefully to pick it up and it seemed it had already been opened. I took the letter out of it and started to read it.

"Dear Maya, the past few months all that has been on my mind is you and what you said. Now this may be a little cheesy considering I could of texted you about this immediately after you left but I thought this had more meaning. Maya I've fallen head over heels for you too. Granted I'm a guy and don't wear heels but you get my point. All our little fights, the secrets and friendship we kindled in Spain is something I'll never forget. I hope when you come back I still hold a place in your heart. If I you'll know where to meet me after Riley has delivered this letter to you while she visits. I'll see you at the top of the Empire State Building at 7pm before your concert, if you do feel the same. With much love, Lucas"

My whole body was frozen and I was emotionless. Firstly at the fact that he felt the same and secondly that Riley would keep this from me. At that point in time if she was that selfish to keep this from me I knew the decision I had to make even if it wasn't easy. I packed up my bags so I could get out of here before she returned but time was not on my side. "Maya where are you going?" Riley asked with a look of pure confusion painted across her face. I just looked at her and shook my head. "Can't believe you could betray me while I wasn't even in the same city as you!" I yelled as the anger poured from my mouth. "Maya I don't understand?! What is going on?" She cried in confusion. "You know full well." I said as I walked out the door throwing the empty envelop at her at I took my dignity, the letter and things with me.

After checking into a hotel I had gotten ready for the concert and headed to the only place on my mind right now. The Empire State Building. Looking at my phone I saw the time was 6:53pm I had barley 7 minutes to get there. I ran out my hotel and hailed a taxi. When I reached the building it was 7:04pm and I ran up the many flights of stairs as fast as my feet would carry me.

I finally reached the top and there he was, holding a Bouquet of violets, my favourite flower. "Lucas!" I screamed running towards him. He turned and saw me. Finally we embraced and it was just like scene from a romance novel. "Maya, you came." He said while he still held me. "Of course I did once I got the letter I knew I had to be here!" I yelled over the commotion of all the other people that where with us enjoying the building. Then out of no where he kissed me, and it was magical. The only word that came out of both of our mouths after was "wow"

Aloha Sarah here

I hope you all had a fantabulous Halloween and got lots of candy. You're never to old to go trick or treating and yes I say that because I am in highschool. But I hope you all got lots of candy.

So anyways this is based off an Episode of gossip girl if any of you watch/watched it. And so yeah. I said I'd update at 10 votes and 10 comments but I really wanted to publish this one so here it is.

But seriously sticking to my word this time. No update unless 13 votes and 15 comments. Like super serious. So if you like this and want more I suggest you turn that star gold.

"YAYY I LOVE GOLD STARS" *feels praised for work and effort*

Well since tomorrow is Monday I should go to bed now. Goodnight loves sleep tight don't let the reindeer bite yes I said rein deer because now it's Christmas season "ho ho ho" bye bye

-until next time love you
Sarah! 💕