Author's Note (UPDATED 19 September 2022)

Welcome! My name is Ansela. I hope you enjoy this preview of my book The Billionaire's Lie.

THIS IS A PREVIEW ONLY. You may purchase the complete book at https://gum.co/tbLIE

Before you start, please let me be clear on a few things. While I encourage reader feedback and engaging in respectful conversation with other readers, there are certain kinds of behavior I won't allow.

I reserve the right to mute anyone who

... suggests (even politely) that the point of view of the story should be first-person or whatever other POV they want to read. This story is written in third-person limited.

... makes racist, sexist or homophobic comments. Anyone who uses the N-word or any other racially derogatory terms will be muted. Anyone who posts a comment asking what the N-word is will be also be muted. I will mute anyone who makes sl*t-shaming remarks. Anyone who uses the words wh*re/b*tch/sl*t/etc. gets kicked out of the comments.

... promotes hate/violence against women, LGBT, or people from any other marginalized group.

... trolls anybody, including me. Rudeness and fighting will not be allowed.

... argues with me on any of the points I've laid out in this Author's Note. I will accept feedback on my story only, and this Note is not part of the story.

This book is not for  everyone.

I don't want to waste readers' time - there are so many books out there  and so little time to read them - so I'm laying this out so we can all  manage our expectations. As a reader, you are the best person to decide what story is right for you. I would like to help, so

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK

... if reading about sex makes you uncomfortable. The title says TBL is a "steamy romance". "Steamy" is a classification of romance books -  it means a story contains sex scenes. The sex scenes in this story are  neither explicit nor graphic, but they are there. If I take them out,  the story will make no sense. If you are a virgin who does not  understand sex, please refrain from commenting on the sex scenes. If you  are a virgin who would like to hold on to your, uh, innocence a bit  longer (I totally respect that), please stay away from this story. Of  course it's totally fine if you don't like reading or thinking about sex. (Sex is a part of life, but it's not everything.) So if this is the case, I suggest you don't read this book.

... if you don't like third-person POV. This book has already been completed, and it's written in third person. That will not change.