Chapter 8- Surprises

Start from the beginning

"And... well its got to be good if it made my Almighty Alpha blush." I giggled softly.

"Well it was the only thing I could think of to get you to go to sleep." "And what was that?" I asked. "I sung you to sleep...to which you sung out loud as I was passing it though your head. Kinda cute actually but it worked." He said.  

 It was my turn to blush. I sighed. Ok so I guess I was more connected with him than I thought. I woke up with a song totally stuck in my head and I had to listen to it on repeat for like 20 minutes before I headed down to make breakfast. But its not like I wasn't randomly singing other songs as I was down there. Man I love my iPod.

 "Was the song Lullaby by chance?" I asked him.
He nodded. "Well that explains why it was stuck in my head this morning. I had to crank it up this morning cause I couldn't get rid of it  in my head." I laughed. "Anything else?"

He shook his head.
"Ok. Well...thank you for telling me." I told him, inching my way to my escape. Just 3 more steps to the right and I was home free. 

"Seriously Eva, How are you doing with everything? You know you can always talk to me. A lot has happened to you in the last 24 hours..." He said but I cut him off. I stopped moving and looked at him.

"Luke, to be honest until I figure" I pointed between me and him a few times. "This out. I don't think you are the right person for me to be talking too. I don't know why I'm reacting so strangely to you and I don't know if I am ok with it or not. My wolf is comfortable with you around and she's not edgy like she usually is, I'm calmer when your around. I guess I always have been but Now I'm hyper aware of your presents around me anywhere at all, I knew you were up this morning way before you came out of your room, I've noticed the little things that you do that I didn't before and other things like that. Like this strange current that runs through me when you touch me or the warmth you seem to pass through me and settles all the way to my bones. It's freaking me out a bit cause I just realized it's always been there and I don't know if I'm ok with it or not..." I said.

He ran his hand over his face in frustration I didn't understand. "but you need to let me figure out what's going on in my head. If want this at all, if you want me to trust this, you will give me the time to figure it out." I said. He looked torn between what he wanted and what I was asking for. His eyes were almost pained but held his determination. He closed the space between us and grabbed ahold of my waist and pulled me up to him. I gasped, but I didn't fight it.

"And what about when I kiss you?" He asked.

"I don't know... that's part of the problem.." I started but his lips cut me off as they were crashed against mine. It wasn't demanding, but almost desperate. I could almost feel his emotions that he was pouring in behind the kiss. I almost melted and gave in the moment his tongue swept across my lip asking for entrance. My head was swimming with his scent and his presents, his hands.. his lips... I pulled away quickly as I realized what was happening and stepped back. He gave me a confused look.  

"Ok, well you have given me enough to think about Mr. Alpha. Thank you again. I got cake in the oven, Talk to you later." I rushed out of my mouth before I took off full speed back to the house. He followed quickly trying to stop me,

"Eva, please stop.." He sounded so desperate and strained, I almost gave in... almost. He was only about 3 beats behind me when I broke through the trees and bolted in the back door. I stopped as soon as I was through the door. Everyone was still at the table, their eyes snapped up at me as soon as I came in. I was slightly out of breath but moved quickly away from the door as soon as I heard the foot steps on the stairs behind me as I turned to the stove.