haunted house » matt

"I won't get scared." Matt said triumphantly as we walked hand in hand to the haunted house we were planning on attending.

"I bet you won't." I giggled.

"You totally will though. But it's okay because you've got this to protect you." Matt gestured to himself, sending me into even more fits of giggles.

"Alright, Superman, let's go."

-

The first walk through was alright, not too scary. I just gently kept hold of Matt's bicep and squeezed it every once in awhile when I was startled.

"Okay, we boutta go in the next level, this might be scary babe so hold on tight."

I rolled my eyes. Truth be told, I wasn't all that scared, but Matt seemed to be the opposite once we got through.

A man with a chainsaw popped around the corner, causing Matt to scream incredibly loud, wrapping his arms around my head.

"Matt, I cant see!" I whined.

"Baby, baby they're gonna get us!" Matt whispered frantically, shakily finding my hand and lacing our fingers together.

"Awh, I won't let them get youuuu." I cooed, leading the way to the last and final level.

Matt shrieked and shriveled his way through the final round, always trying to play it off but failing miserably.

"Wasn't that house totally lame?" he questioned fifteen minutes after we'd gotten out.

"Matt you were shaking still five minutes after we got out." I smirked, taking a bite of the ice cream we'd purchased, mostly so that Matt would have a distraction from his little night of fright. We were now eating it in the dark parking lot with about two cars in sight.

"That's a lie." he narrowed his eyes cutely at me.

"Oh shush and eat your ice cream scaredy cat." I giggled, wiping a bit on his nose.

"Hey! I am not a scaredy cat! I'm more like a brave strong dog." he retorted, wiping some ice cream on my cheek and smiling smugly.

"Really? Because I remember in that house when you screamed, "Y/N! I'm fucking scared!" I raised an eyebrow teasingly, shoving the remains of my ice cream straight onto Matt's mouth.

"Oh, so were gonna play dirty." Matt muttered, standing up.

Before I knew what was going on, Matt had wrapped his arms around me and began kissing my face and neck and hair and anywhere he could possibly dirty with his ice cream mouth.

"Matt! Stoopp!" I screeched, desperately trying to push him away, unfortunately he grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers tightly so I couldn't push him away, pinning me to the hood of his car.

I continued screeching playfully, until Matt finally backed away.

"Alright, alright, truce?" he asked, holding out his hand.

"Truce." I smiled, leaning forward instead to kiss him.

"I love you Matt, even though you were a giant baby in there." I giggled against his lips.

Matt pulled away in fake anger. "Shut up, Y/N."

"Oh and Y/N?" Matt asked a little timidly.

"Yes, baby?" I questioned.

"Can we kiss again? I need a distraction from how scary this parking lot actually is." he chuckled.

I shook my head, smiling.

"Scaredy cat." I giggled, leaning in to kiss him.