Chapter 23

Everything has been splendid since Saturday. But Tuesday came really fast. It hit me hard in the middle of class. I thought- I was thinking about the afternoon. I thought I was going to see my mom after school, I was thinking about telling her everything between me and Jaxon and her being so happy for me. I had to excuse myself and I found a quiet stairwell in the back of the school.

The tears rolled down my face as I remembered my mom was no longer in that hospital. She was gone. Physically gone, not spiritually. I sniffled and looked down at my hands as the tears splattered over my palms. I let out a muffled sob and soon two arms were wrapped around me. I was pulled into Jaxon's lap as he rubbed my back and I cried into his hold.

I still haven't gotten over it- her. How she's not here to tell me anything wise anymore. Just like Tony.

A few moments went bye and I finally stopped crying and was just lying in Jaxon's hold. I gave him a weak smile and he chuckled. "How you feeling there, kitten?"

"Pretty good." I lied with a shrug. He shook his head and gently kissed my cheek.

He stayed there and muttered, "Don't lie, kitten."

"Fine." I grumbled my pointer finger making a trace on his shirt. He sucked in a breath and I smiled. "I thought I was going to my mom's hospital room today after school."

"Oh, babe." I looked up at Jaxon as he siad that to see him turning red. I let out a giggle and gently gave him a kiss. "Okay-sidetracking that. I'm sorry kitten."

He is the only one that I know who really means his words. Because, he's been through the same thing as me he knows what I'm feeling at these times. I smiled at him and nodded.

He stood up and I took his offered hand. He led me to his car and I got into the passenger side. After we left the school I slapped his arms. "JAXON! Are we skipping?!"

"Relax, kitten." He said gently taking my hand and giving it a soft kiss. I shook my head and waited as he drove. Within the half hour we were in the parking lot of Roller World Inc and I let out a laugh. Jaxon led me inside and paid for admission and skates. I sat off to the side to get my skates on and Jaxon was quick to the punch. He quickly got me up and on the floor. There weren't many people here. A few kids from a daycare it seemed, a few older couples, a few old folks and some other struggling teens.

I didn't focus on them though. I focused on the death traps tied to my feet. "Jaxon," I whined watching him roll away from me with a smirk. "Get back here."

I gave him a pout and he smirked coming up to me. He took my bottom lip into his two lips and gently applied pressure. I melted under the kiss and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Come on now, kitten." He took my hand and gently pulled me. I let out a squeal and one older couple chuckled at us.

He smirked at me and I slapped his arm. "Be nice Jaxon."

"I'm always nice, kitten." I shook my head and tightly interlocked our hands. He gently pulled me along the floor and after a while I got the hang of it. I even branched off by myself.

I was currently skating away from Jaxon. But the issue is he's a pro at this. So, he easily caught up to me. I grumbled and he let out a laugh snaking his arms around my waist, his front pressed closely to my back.

"Want to go get some food, kitten?"

We did skip out before lunch was in session. I nodded and turned around in his arms. When I check my phone I saw it was 12:54 and Maddy and Bri texted me about my whereabouts. I told them I was with Jaxon both of them sending me numerous winking faces. I shook my head and followed Jaxon out, stuffing my phone in my back pocket.