Chapter 03

Today is the day. The day of my first date with Miles.

I got up with a pep in my step and gravitated to my closet. That is until the urge to pee came like a huge boulder falling off a cliff. I raced to the bathroom, peeing then headed back to my closet. I picked out a cotton teal dress that had white tulle going around my waist line, and had a sweetheart neckline and stopped just above my knees.

I slid on my white flats and put my hair into a braided bun, using the fishtail braid. I then applied mascara and a light gold eyeshadow. I then grabbed nude lipgloss and set that aside in my purse. I walked downstairs to be greeted by homemade blueberry muffins.

I took two, setting then on a plate and buttered them before taking a bite.

"You sure look dolled up, darling." My dad said while my other dad eyed me with a knowing gleam.

"After school I have a date."

"A date?" My dad asked dropping the newspaper. I took another bit of muffin while nodding.

"With whom?" My other dad asked.

"Miles Greene."

"Is he a nice boy?" My other dad asked while my dad was glaring at the paper.

"Yes, he very much is."

"I want you home by 6 no later, darling." My dad stood up and walked to the laundry room. I finished off my first muffin while my other dad chuckled.

"He loves you behind his silly protective ways. Go have fun, but not too much fun."

"Of course he does. And I will, maybe even come back preg-"

"I think he can hear us. Don't give him a heart attack." He said stopping me mid sentence. I gave him a small smile to which he shook his head. I let out a laugh picking up my now empty plate and walking to the sink. I rinsed it off before placing it in the dishwasher and heading off for school.

~

Lunch came pretty quickly today. I sat down next to Maddy and quickly worked on my sandwich while opening my book. A couple pages in and halfway through my sandwich Maddy elbowed me.

"What?"I asked pausing from reading to look up at her. When I did I saw Miles coming from the other side of her, to us with a smile on his face, and his eyes directly on me.

"Hey, Ally." He greeted approaching me.

"Hi Miles."

"So, after school, I'll meet you at your locker?"

"Sure, sounds good."

"Great." He said with a wink before leaving.

"Okay.. what was that?" Bri asked looking back at Miles then at me.

"He asked me out yesterday, we're going on a date today."

"Well that explains why you look fiercely hot today girl." Bri commented before eating her fries. Maddy rolled her eyes and gave me a cheeky smile.

"I can't believe you didn't faint when he asked you. You're like fangirl over romance because you read so many."

"Hush." I scolded before we all burst out laughing.

~

I finished putting my school books away and closed my locker when I saw Miles heading my way from the end of the hallway.

He smiled when he reached me and held out his hand. I gladly took it and let him lead me to his car. Though, I knew he was a rich kid, I didn't expect his car to be rich kid as well. But it is.