Scene 2

A/N: So I had an idea for this follow-up scene to Locker Love. Maybe it'll be a complete movie some day, but for now it is what it is! Now that the contest is over, I've added it to the screenplay so you can see how Michael and Lori's first date begins, haha!

 I'm continuing to write this in the form of a screenplay, because it actually suits my writing process in some ways. I picture most things I write as a movie, so why not write them as a movie? Anyway, it's an interesting experiment.

~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~

 INT. HALLWAY - DAY.

The OPENING CREDITS are displayed over shots of smiling teens opening and closing lockers in freeze-frame. We get to see the locker contents - SCHEDULES posted inside, PHOTOS, BOOKS tumbling out. Lots of colour, very upbeat.

The OPENING MUSIC is a completely original song called Locker Love from Green Day, written especially for the film. Something that has an energy like Basket Case, or maybe The Ramones' Rock 'N' Roll High School. Something like this:

Lock, lock, lock, lock, locker lo-ove!

We met at my locker and fell in love,

Lock, lock, locker love!

She's my baby from heaven above!

Lock, lock, locker love!

School can't hold me but she's enough,

She looks so sweet but she's so tough!

Lock, lock, lock, lock, locker lo-ove!

Take that girl to the dance tonight,

Lock, lock, locker love!

Dance with my baby and hold her tight,

Lock, lock, locker love!

Then meet at the lockers and kiss my girl all night.

Lock locker love!

INT. HALLWAY - DAY.

The school JANITOR has a long BOLT CUTTER tool and is using it to cut the LOCK off Lori's locker. As soon as the locker door is opened she exits and storms away angrily. The janitor proceeds to cut the lock off Michael's locker and releases him, taking long enough to give Lori a good lead. Michael stumbles out in a storm of papers and books, chasing Lori.

MICHAEL (V.O.) If you want to impress a girl, don't bring up her most embarrassing moment. Lori's was in grade three, when she found the grade six class pet which had been lost for two days.

INT. PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSROOM - DAY.

We are in a grade three public school classroom. EIGHT-YEAR OLD LORI is at the back of the room where she finds a huge, ugly, hairy TARANTULA.  She picks it up without a second thought and carries it to the TEACHER at her DESK. The teacher ignores Lori for a while until she finally notices the tarantula and screams. Lori screams in shock and throws the tarantula. It lands on the open BOOK of another student who screams and flips the tarantula off the book into the air.

The camera zooms back through the window to show the entire room in chaos with everyone screaming. The camera zooms back to show a shot of the entire school screaming. The camera zooms back to show the entire United States screaming. The camera zooms back to show a shot of Earth from space, with everyone on the planet screaming. The bells of Notre Dame vibrate with the noise, people panic and run in the streets of Tokyo.