Chapter 3

"So, Tori!" Tyler began happily. He glanced over at her sitting in the front seat. "We thought we'd take you to our practice, since we don't have enough time to take you back to my place and then go to practice. Are you okay with tagging along?"

"Of course! I get to see you do what you do best." She replied.

Meanwhile, Jamie was sitting in the back seat of the Jeep, slightly pouting and a little jealous that Tyler's other best friend was here. He didn't like being the third wheel. It didn't help the situation one bit knowing she was attractive, either.

They talked and giggled the whole car ride there, and Jamie was the first to jump out of the car and grab his hockey bag. He didn't say anything to Tyler as they were walking towards the area, but he was too busy giving Tori the tour, anyway.

Jamie was fairly cranky during practice, but he tried to stay neutral by keeping his mouth shut and trying not to look like he was pissed off. Of course, if he had gotten enough sleep, he wouldn't have had half the problems he's facing now, since Jamie gets cranky when he's tired.

He got a good workout, and eventually forgot about the events of the morning. After practice, it was about mid-morning, and Jamie knew that it was just about time for Tyler to have brunch.

"Hey, why don't you hang out at my place with Tori for a little while? We can have brunch and chill and then go out to lunch?"

"Or, you could give her some time to get settled at your house." Jamie suggested.

"No! She's only staying for like, three days, Jamie. I want to spend as much time as I can with my two best friends!"

Jamie knew he couldn't resist Tyler when he was making the pouty face, and he didn't want to ruin this whole weekend for everybody. He would take a nap later, and that would hopefully solve his grumpiness.

"Okay, I'll stay." Jamie agreed with a hint of reluctancy in his voice.

"OKAY, GREAT. FIRST UP, WE HAVE TO FINISH UP THE TOUR-!" Tyler loudly said, dragging Jamie behind him in order to meet up with Tori.

Jamie was the ultimate third wheel in this whole endeavor. He was walking behind Tyler and Tori the whole time, keeping his hands in his pockets and his mouth shut. He knew that this weekend was all about Tori and Tyler and he didn't mind that, but it would be nice to get a word in every once in a while.

When they arrived back at Tyler's house, Tori put down her bags and Tyler gave her a quick tour of the house. Jamie got the brunch things ready and started putting things together when they came back downstairs. He could hear them laughing from across the open, mostly empty house. Tyler told the two of them that he would be right back, leaving Tori alone with Jamie. Talk about awkward.

"So, how long have you been friends with Ty?" She asked.

"Since he got traded to the Stars. It was an immediate connection." He answered.

"He's always talking about you, you know. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm stealing Tyler away for the weekend, but I want to assure you that's not the case. You two have something undeniably special, and I would hate to break that up. I just haven't seen him in so long,"

"I understand. Thank you." He said, and he was truly appreciative of her ability to analyze the situation and realize what was going on.

Tyler came back with a smile, his two dogs Marshall and Cash sliding across the hardwood floor to Tori. The last time she had seen the dogs is when they were puppies and Tyler was playing in Boston.

Tori sat on the floor so she could play with the dogs, which gave Tyler the opportunity to quietly ask Jamie if he was okay. Jamie's answer was different now than it was before, with his response a genuine "yes". He was more than okay knowing that Tyler was just so full of joy being around the best friend he hasn't seen in years.

Plus, it was only for a few days. Jamie could do this.