My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

(Derek's POV)

The moment Reagan stepped in the hotel restaurant with Ryder, I didn't waste time going  over and hugged the life out of her. To be honest, that heady feeling surprised the crap out of  me. I wasn't this needy nor clingy with Miranda, my ex fiancee. Sure, I loved her with all my heart well, before I found out she was a lying deceitful woman but with Reagan, I couldn't help it.

I needed her like air to breathe and as morbid as this may sound, like blood to quench my thirst.

As her body melted into my embrace, all my worries drifted away as I squeezed her dainty frame tight. Never wanting to let go.

Burying my nose into her hair, I murmured as I  inhaled her familiar White Cherry Blossom scent on the sly. "I miss you."

Good gracious! That was too cheesy but what the heck.

"Dee. Can't. Breathe," Reagan choked out as she patted my back for every word.

Loosening my hold on her, I leaned back to give her a sheepish look. "I'm sorry," I said remorsefully then turned my head to Ryder, sending him  a telepathic message.

'Thank you, Ryder.'

He shrugged. 'Don't sweat it, dude.'

I quirked my eyebrows. Did he just call me dude?

How odd. Very very odd.

Shaking my head, I embraced once more the love of my life and smiled. Indeed I was grateful for his voluntary efforts though we sort of, pardon the use of expression, forced him to talk to Reagan. None of us were able to get through to her so that left him on the equation. He didn't mind though, much to our disbelief.

The brooding Ryder was being nice.

Reagan chuckled, soft and husky. That sound alone increased that heady feeling to a triple, and it wasn't even funny."There, there. I'm here now," she said amusement clear in her voice as she rubbed  my back affectionately.

"Took you long enough," I muttered. Oh yes she did.

She giggled. "Oh shush you whiny pureblood," she teased.

Did she just call me a whiny pureblood? I pulled back from the hug and glared at her playfully."What​ did you just call me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Ryder told me you were whining nonstop."

I shot Ryder a glare. "I did not whine," I said indignantly.

Ryder smirked and folded his arms to look intimidating. The reason? I had no idea. "Hell yeah you did Derek," he said in his low baritone voice. "You were so annoying and kept spouting nonsense like," he paused then cleared his throat as though to recompose himself. That glint in his eye had me wary. "I hope she's alright or what if she gets sick or--" he didn't get to finished what I assumed was an imitation of my voice as I cut him off on mid sentence.

"I didn't say that!" I interjected. "You're making that up and of course I was worried about her but I didn't whine like a brat."

I went on. "By the way, that was a poor imitation of my voice. You made me sound girly, Ryder."

 Suddenly, Reagan laughed out loud, preventing Ryder from retorting a smartass reply.

Oh my god," Reagan chortled. "You boys are so cute when you're arguing."

Really now?

I quirked my eyebrow. "Boys?"

Ryder was back to his brooding expression. "Cute?"

Reagan darted her eyes from me to Ryder then back to me. "Oh uh...haha...ha,​" she laughed nervously.

Boys and cute were tabooed words for men, experienced men to be exact. Sure, I had my share of being sweet and cheesy but cute wasn't the appropriate term for that. But one thing she failed to realize was that she made a mistake when she referred us as boys.

I'll show her what a man, an experienced one, was capable of. Although, I had to be extra careful with romancing Reagan. She hadn't turned 18 and I didn't want to push her to do something that she wasn't ready or maybe I was just overthinking it but we'll never know. But, yet again, what's the harm in doing a little bit of innocent teasing?

That thought had me smirking like the devil and um...felt a stirring in my pants.

Reagan looked at me warily. "I don't like that look, Derek."

I chuckled, low and deep on purpose then slid my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me. I ground the blunt length of my little buddy on her front and then, to my satisfaction, she gasped.

I smirked. Oh yeah, you felt that huh?

Reagan was turning me into a pervert.

I leaned in to her parted lips and nipped the bottom of her lip softly. "So, am I still a boy?" I mumbled, my lips still hovering over hers.

Reagan gulped and shook her head. "N-N-nno." she stammered.

I nuzzled her nose with my mine. "Good," I said then chuckled low and deep again for effect. She trembled in my arms and mumbled somewhere along the lines of stupid hormones.