Chapter 3

Wearing a dark greenish body-coat, with a pointed hat of the same colour, walked in a lady with black- near to grey hair. She introduced herself as Minevra McGonagall, who I identified as the Deputy Headmistress as written on the letter..
This is so not a prank!!
I was told by mum to go in my room and wait, but Ms McGonagall thought I should stay.. And so I did.
Basically Mam (I'll be calling Minevra mam or minnie for few chapters) said I was a witch.. To which my Dad reacted by asking her what she meant as it was a rude thing to say.
The conversation went like this- (bold for minnie and italics for parents)
I'm sorry Mr. Adams, I certainly did not mean it in a rude way. You see, your daughter is a witch meaning she can perform magic.
So what you mean to say is Mel has special powers?
Yes Mrs. Adams. That is what I intended to speak.
Okay. Are there others like her?
Ofcourse. We have a school, I'm sure you got the acceptance letter, for witches and wizards for brushing up their skills.
We got the letter you speak of. But where will we find the materials required for this school?
That is why I'm here Mr. Adams. Would any one of you like to accompany Mel and me?
Her mother shall go with you. But how am I assured that this isn't a fraud?
I hoped you'd ask that. May I borrow a glass please?
There you go.. (Handing her an empty glass)
(Minnie waves her wand and voila the cup is filled with water to the brim)
Woahh.. I.. wow..

I stood there probably my jaw on the floor as Mam smiled. Mom and Dad were shell-shocked as well!
They quickly consented and Mam took me with her.