Chapter 14 | No Reason

Sitting next to hospital bed. This time, my own. I looked at myself. The pink puffiness on my eyelids was gone. I sighed and ran my eyes down my body. Looking at the peaceful figure in the bed in front of me. If there was no tubes in my mouth and nose or IV's in my arms you wouldn't be able to tell that I was just in a tragic car accident.

          I lifted my teary eyes from the sleeping boy and in front of me, at the large window, overlooking the entire city. I stood up my chair, the chair leg scraping against the linoleum floor. I stepped carefully towards the wide window and using my left hand, rolled the blinds open, allowing the sunlight to slice threw the blinds. It was already morning.

          I smiled lightly and watched the sunlight, beckoning the busy city up from it's early morning slumbers. Would this be the last time I would see the sunlight? The last time I see the clouds dot the sky? The last time I'm able to feel the earth, the last time I would see myself.

          I continued to stare out of the window until the door of the room opened and in popped Cartman. I turned around. His eyes were red, his cheeks tear stained. He took his seat next to my bedside and leaned over, putting a hand over mine.

          I approached the bed I was lying in and took another seat that was at the opposite of the bed. Cartman took a look while to stare at my comatose body before saying a single word.

          "Kyle" he started, sniffling and staring at my closed eyes "I know you just lost your family" he looked down, taking her gaze of gray eyes off of my for a sole three seconds before looking back at my face. 

          "You lost the people closest to you, nothing gets closer that family" he chuckled softly. "But if you think about it, family isn't whose blood you have, it's who ever you care about. Everyone out in that waiting room" he pointed outside the door 

          "We care about you, we all came out to support you" he blinked back tears and I looked away "I know your family is all gone, but you have us, we're your family" he paused "And... you're one of my best friend and I-" he covered her hand with her mouth and leaned down, sobbing into his hands. His shoulders shook violently.

          Even though he couldn't hear me I leaned forward I whispered "You're my best friend too Cartman and-" the vision of my mother, father and my brother gone flashed threw my brain "But I can't" I shook my head "They are all gone" I sighed.