Chapter Seven

Always Ariel

Chapter Seven

~~

Nathan didn't want Ariel angry with him he followed her to the next room, it was a guest room of sorts, though it was never used. 

Ariel, are you going to talk to me?" he asked shutting the door behind him.

Ariel narrowed her eyes at him "No because you are being insufferable!"

"You're still mad at me then?" He said more as a statement then a question.

"What do you think Nathan?" Ariel asked glaring at him.

"I'm sorry" He admitted "I shouldn't try and make you're decisions for you, but I would like it if we made them together. You must forgive me Ariel I've never had a wife before, I'm still learning to be a husband."

Ariel's dark blue eyes found his and she nodded slowly "I'm sorry as well Natty... I shouldn't be so quick tempered." She said as she got up walking towards him, his heart raced as she drew nearer. She surprised him when her arms wrapped around his waist and she leaned her head on his chest hugging him tightly. He smiled as the smell of her perfume reached his nose. Honeysuckle, she always smelt of honeysuckle. She fit perfectly in his arms, he noticed.

"So I am forgiven?" He questioned.

"Yes... just as long as you understand my need to help others. I really want to do this."

"Alright, but either me or one of the servants will go along for protection. Boston is a dangerous place."

"I'll agree to that." Ariel said letting go of him. She smiled up at him and he couldn't help but smile back. He moved a wayward strand of Ariel's hair out of her face as he slowly leaned in to claim her lips with his. A knock at the door caused him to pull away. 

"Nathan?" he heard Allan ask as he knocked once more "It's your father he is asking for you." 

~~ ~~

Ariel was sure everyone could hear her racing heart. She was sure Nathan was about to kiss her before they were interrupted but she could have been wrong, as it seemed she always was when it came to men.

She felt something more for Nathan then attraction. It was different with him then it had been with Michael.

For one Michael had completely lied to her, he led her on. Stealing her first kiss and instead of courting her he had courted her more proper twin sister saying "Men really don't want a spitfire for a wife Arrie, men want a proper lady like Abbie."

He had broken her heart and taken her best friend from her. The only one who knew about her feelings for Michael was her brother Gideon, she felt closest to him and she trusted him. He had assured her that someday she'd meet the right man who would prefer a girl with spunk rather than a girl who remained quiet and let her husband speak for her.

She had a fear that if Nathan met her sister he'd wish she was more like her. The only thing they had in common was their looks. Their personalities were complete opposites. She let herself back into Nathan's room and waited for him to come back from speaking with his father. she didn't have to wait long he joined her in their room and took a seat next to the fireplace. 

she could tell he and his father didn't see eye to eye and she wished he had the relationship she did with her family. she wished she could somehow make it better.

**

Ariel got up early the next morning;  She made her way to her trunk deciding to wear a simple blue skirt and her favorite white flowered shirt. Along with her shawl as the weather was getting quite chilly, she knew it wasn't typical to what city folks wore but she planned on working once she got to the orphanage.